Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Just for fun - part 2

Article about: Hello all, First of all I‘m a really big fan of warrelicts and the sensational facts you experts letting your followers take part. Your knowlege and expierence is outstanding. Thank you for

Default Just for fun - part 2

Hello all,

First of all I‘m a really big fan of warrelicts and the sensational facts you experts letting your followers take part.
    Your knowlege and expierence is outstanding. Thank you for sharing.
    Special thanx to Adrian Stevenson.

By the way...For this story, I´ve used the Lotnumber-List of Brian Ice.. very helpful.

I refer to an article of Kelly Hicks from September 2008 in the section „featured helmets“.
    He´s describing the so called M35 „fat runes“ with the Lotnumber-range 3567-3574.

4 month ago, I purchased a M35 helmet from the Police „Baden-Württemberg“. I’ve been told It was used for parade and official greetings. The liner and chinstrap is of course postwar and a replacement.
    It is known that some police-units used helmets out of old stock and refurbished/red-decaled them.

When I checked the Lotnumber and the manifacturer I saw that it was the ET64 with the Lot 3574.
    This helmet was described in the list as one out of the „fat-runes“-serial/charge.
    It was overpainted in German Police-Green and has a Baden-Württemberg decal on it.

So I used a paint-remover to discover what‘s underneath.
    Unfortunately on the outside of the shell there was no original color left (all was removed befor repaint).
    Of cource, no decals as well. But inside there is still the smooth apple-green color (see pictures below).
    I‘ve attached some pics for you If you‘re interested in that story.
    For me, althoug it‘s just a shell it‘s telling a story for me and I‘m happy about this 50€ hit.
    I just wanted to tell you the story.

I wish you all the best and greetings from Munich.
    The Bavarian

… TO BE CONTINUED
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Just for fun - part 2   Just for fun - part 2  

Just for fun - part 2   Just for fun - part 2  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Just for fun - part 2
    P
    Many

?

I think it should have remained a police helmet, even if the price was low.
    But ok.

?

Quote by Narcis View Post
    I think it should have remained a police helmet, even if the price was low.
    But ok.
    Agreed. This seemed quite needless

Quote by Bavarian View Post
    When I checked the Lotnumber and the manifacturer I saw that it was the ET64 with the Lot 3574.
    This helmet was described in the list as one out of the „fat-runes“-serial/charge.
    There will be many helmets with the same LOT number - what makes you think your helmet would have the SS runes underneath?
    Each LOT number could have been attributed to multiple branches and indeed this can be seen with other LOT numbers.

IMO, the removable of the paint has ruined the helmet.

Nick

Hi, it has told an interesting story, but i must admit that i would have left it as it was, a nice post war police decal helmet, can't say i have seen to many of them over the years. Leon.

With respect it's your property and you can do what you want to it, but being honest you have ruined a nice lid.

Hi Bavarian
    If I may...first off the only "List" I am familiar with is Franks lot# list. I don't know any Brian Ice & believe me, I know anyone worthy of knowing in the helmet field.
    You are taking too much credence in lot# identification. Your lot# coincides with factory produced helmets of 1937 vintage. It could have been a Heer or police. As far as Kelly referencing to "Fat Runes" with that lot# sequence, well that could be too. You need to learn what Lot#'s signify. Really not much. On certain makers, it will give you a timeline as to when the helmet was produced, that's about it.

The list available ONLY show similarities of branch of service that have been observed post war for that particular maker & year of manufacture.
    See my attached M35 1937 dated Heer with a very close lot# as yours. It's neither SS nor police. The Lot# is 3570 which fits into your (Brian Ice theory of "Fat Rune SS). Hope this helps
    David
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Just for fun - part 2   Just for fun - part 2  

Quote by real steel View Post
    Hi Bavarian
    If I may...first off the only "List" I am familiar with is Franks lot# list. I don't know any Brian Ice & believe me, I know anyone worthy of knowing in the helmet field.
    You are taking too much credence in lot# identification. Your lot# coincides with factory produced helmets of 1937 vintage. It could have been a Heer or police. As far as Kelly referencing to "Fat Runes" with that lot# sequence, well that could be too. You need to learn what Lot#'s signify. Really not much. On certain makers, it will give you a timeline as to when the helmet was produced, that's about it.

The list available ONLY show similarities of branch of service that have been observed post war for that particular maker & year of manufacture.
    See my attached M35 1937 dated Heer with a very close lot# as yours. It's neither SS nor police. The Lot# is 3570 which fits into your (Brian Ice theory of "Fat Rune SS). Hope this helps
    David
    Hi David, i agree with all you have said above, all i will add is that Brian Ice has collected lot numbers and published them in books over here in the UK for many years, he is as far as i know NOT a helmet collector, just searches for original confirmed examples on forums such as ours and collects the numbers!! Leon.

Quote by FALLSCHIRMJAGER View Post
    Hi David, i agree with all you have said above, all i will add is that Brian Ice has collected lot numbers and published them in books over here in the UK for many years, he is as far as i know NOT a helmet collector, just searches for original confirmed examples on forums such as ours and collects the numbers!! Leon.
    Okay Leon...did not know
    D.

Hello,
    I think i'll have nightmares tonight....
    don't be too arsh gentlemen...anyone has to make mistakes in order to learn the right way, unless one post the item prior starting to do what he thinks is the best thing to do with the item....collectors nowadays are lucky with internet....if they use it of course...
    Thanks

Just for fun - part 2

The sacrifice of life is a huge sacrifice, there is only one that is more terrible, the sacrifice of honor

In Memoriam :
    Laurent Huart (1964-2008)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast