Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

M-35 DD ss Helmet

Article about: l like relic items, and have a lot in my collection, but for one great ss helmet, ld be pleased to have just that as a collection...aside from the body fill, i like it..

Default re: M-35 DD ss Helmet

l like relic items, and have a lot in my collection, but for one great ss helmet, ld be pleased to have just that as a collection...aside from the body fill, i like it..

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement M-35 DD ss Helmet
    P
    Many

Thanks! I am considering ways to remove the filler and really I can only think of very carefully using very fine sandpaper and slowly buffing the filler away. The lid is an M40 ET64 with batch code 61 which matches to another SS SD M40 ET64 in the GHW database so authenticity is no problem, it's an SS Division 'Nord' item from Karelia bought from one of our forum members.

thats very interesting, especially the ss nord div. l have a war merit cross with award doc. issued to an nco in 6th ss gebirg nord div, l have a lot of my things packed, from a recent move, and when i find l will post it, thank you...good luck on your body fill removal...

?

This helmet is a good one, I authenticated it a while back. That being said, the decal is severely damaged from being stored in the hot attic and is in a middle state of degradation and suffers from adhesion problems which can seriously devalue your investment. Without getting into the whole thing here is another thread on this helmet which gets into a lot of detail.

SS Bidecal opinion! - Wehrmacht-Awards.com Militaria Forums

This helmet is at an auction and is not for sale in Virginia be careful you are not getting scammed.

PS I own one of the lot number 664 Q twins to this however mine is almost in factory new condition and named to a RuSHA SS Veteran. Kelly Hicks owns the other and is also factory new condition.

This helmet is a huge gamble because of the state of the SS decal. If your going to invest the expected $12,000 to $15,000 (plus auction fees of 17%) in this helmet you better keep in under glass, and what's the fun with that?

thanks dougb, you dont know how much i appreciate this, and i just found out it is the one on the auction site at a site proxybid, l had heads-up on it too, so kind of feel scammed.....i am happy to know about the decal, and most appreciate that very much, thank you.
    l,m happy i am on the site here, lots of fine helpfull people..

?

Your more than welcome, always nice to help fellow collectors especially fellow Canadians :-)

Just a super helmet.
    chris

?

After seeing all the comments here and at WAF, i feel that this condition of the decal could well be this helmets downfall which is an absolute tragedy, it is a shame that there is no clear defined method to stabilise the deterioration of these old decals, however there is a product i use to seal decals on replicas and although it would be taking a massive risk it just might work, but i must admit i would be very nervous to apply it in these circumstances, especially with the monetary aspect involved here

?

Thats exactly right. If this were 500 bucks have at her, but this will probably be over $10,000 and for that kind of cash, to have to muck about with decal sealer, better off to pay another $8000 or even more for a perfect example and be able to handle it with ease. These Q SS decals with adhesion and flaking problems are bad enough. Once you add bubbling to the mix, and who knows how powdery the decal has become from the heat buildup over the years, you are really taking a huge chance.

Maybe someone will get it on the cheap. I hope so anyway!

?

I'm speechless! Condition is just really great! The maker is perfect and the size is the most desirable! Congrads! =)

Samir

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast