Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

M 40 dd handschar waffen ss

Article about: by Adrian Stevenson Thanks, but this is the straight sided decal and not the "fancy" one like on FLF SS helmet. Cheers, Ade. Ade, If I recall correctly, according to Baer the Strai

frw legion flandern
    ?

Default M 40 dd handschar waffen ss

Hi there to all ,
    this is my DD Handschar helmet in almost mint state . I made the picture and they are autocorrected . So the color looks more darkend then it really is . The helmet is more greenisch than on foto . Believe me this is one off my top helmets i own together with my 2 ea M 17 einsatzstaffel helmets and my chickenwire SS. I would say enjoy this helmet .
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture M 40 dd handschar  waffen ss   M 40 dd handschar  waffen ss  

2. # ADS

Default Re: M 40 dd handschar waffen ss

Could you share maker + lotnr and a close-up of the runes decal ?
    Thanks.

Also for enjoyment I also like to see the liner ;-)

frw legion flandern
    ?

hi ,
    i only have for now the foto's of the helmet before i bought it . The number in the back = 760 and its a ET 64 . from what country are you schwerpunkt ?
    Grtz legion flandern
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture M 40 dd handschar  waffen ss   M 40 dd handschar  waffen ss  

M 40 dd handschar  waffen ss  

?

I have never seen before an ET style decal used as a foreign volunteer shield on the left hand side, always Pocher decals on the left side. There has been a decal on this side prior to the ET decal. Would love to see a better shot of the decal, head on and close up in hi res and same with the checkered shield. Do you have photographic evidence of this style of decal in use?

?

In my opinion, both decals are fake. They are too white and bright, and have too much of a sheen to them compared to condition of the rest of the helmet. I'm no expert, and I'd love to hear some other opinions, but it looks strange to me. I would also like to see some photographic evidence of such decals.

Matthew

?

Quote by mabrgo View Post
    In my opinion, both decals are fake. They are too white and bright, and have too much of a sheen to them compared to condition of the rest of the helmet. I'm no expert, and I'd love to hear some other opinions, but it looks strange to me. I would also like to see some photographic evidence of such decals.

Matthew
    Matthew the ET decal has a chance but better photos are needed. There is a huge reflection off the surface of the decal giving it that white look. The checkerboard, there is nothing to compare it to but clear head on hi res shots of that would be appreciated.

Can we see that chicken wire SS helmet?

I'm not sure about those ET runes Doug , the position of the left rune is not close enough to the left border IMO and both runes are not close enough to the top border. They do warrant further investigation.

Of the three helmets shown so far I only saw one example in 14 years and that are the ones Flandern has posted so my suspicion has nothing to do with jealousy as some other member claimed in another topic but more in finding out the truth. Are these TR decalled helmets or elaborate fakes ?

Flandern I live in Belgium.

?

I give the decal a fighting chance until better pics are available. I do not like the fact that it is on the incorrect side being an ET, if this was a textbook Pocher then I would be impressed.

Isn't this the second helmet from him that isn't quite that what he says it is?

cheers,

hmmm
    Last edited by Isle of Wighter; 07-14-2010 at 06:37 PM.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast