Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

M/40 helmet

Article about: Hello My friend have this helmet and we like to know if it is real It has ET66 on it. Regards

Default M/40 helmet

Hello

My friend have this helmet and we like to know if it is real
    It has ET66 on it.

Regards
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture M/40 helmet   M/40 helmet  

M/40 helmet   M/40 helmet  

M/40 helmet  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement M/40 helmet
    P
    Many

The Helmet itself, Paint and the Liner seem real to me i´m not sure about the decal tho, as i dont have enough experience to judge for sure.

The helmet, liner and chinstrap all seem to be okay, the paint too. Seems it is a ‘one-looker’ in that respect, however the SS decal is always a tricky one and will leave it to more knowledgeable members for that one.
    Kindest Regards
    Harvey

I have Brian Ice’s book on lot numbers of WW2. I’m not sure what the professional opinion here is of this book, as some people have told me that a few of the lots might be off, I’m not completely certain, but for this helmet it shows as an SD LW helmet. Hope this helps.

Please wait however for more learned opinions rather than taking mine for gospel.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture M/40 helmet  

The decal is fine. Some lot numbers have helmets with decals from more than one service branch. Jim G.

Thank you for helping out Jim. I will keep that in mind before using the book for reference, I didn’t realise multiple services could come under one lot.

Look at germanhelmetvaults website Hetzer, he has some good examples of helmets with the same lotnumber but different brances.

Thank you for the advice Adravor, don’t want to hijack your thread but that website seems very helpful and I will use it and learn from it until I’ve saved up for some decent reference books. I had a copy of Ken Niewiarowicz’s German Combat Helmets book but didn’t realise how rare and expensive it was and sold it like a fool. In hindsight I shouldn’t have but in hindsight we are all living the dream.

Thank you for your input and advise, i really appreciate the help. Thank you

I like what I see.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast