Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here

M16 helmet with SS decals: opinions?

Article about: I found a DD transitional with these decals and am interested in it. Looks like it was applied over another decal. What do you think? Appreciate your opinions. Thanks.

?

Default M16 helmet with SS decals: opinions?

I found a DD transitional with these decals and am interested in it. Looks like it was applied over another decal. What do you think? Appreciate your opinions. Thanks.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture M16 helmet with SS decals: opinions?   M16 helmet with SS decals: opinions?  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement M16 helmet with SS decals: opinions?
    P
    Many

Default re: M16 helmet with SS decals: opinions?

Fake IMO, sorry.

?

Thanks. I'm trying to figure out these fakes. Is the bottom outline of the decal too angular and the SS too fat? How about the party shield?

?

Quote by Pablo View Post
    Thanks. I'm trying to figure out these fakes. Is the bottom outline of the decal too angular and the SS too fat? How about the party shield?
    Hi Pablo,

I have very little or no knowledge to trans SS lids, but going by the pics you have provided there's doubt.

The rune is above the break and the bottom of the party shield is too round. I think the runes are a bad copy of the infamous "fat runes", but lets give other SS guys a chance to chime in with more experience than me.

Regards
    Samir

As you can see on the SS decal they tried to cover up the repro decal by putting fake wear on the decal.

?

Compare the SS decal and party decals with real ones and the differences become very apparent. Many graphical errors with this old and bad fake as well as construction and incorrect pulver notwithstanding the faked wear.

It looks like some sort of hybrid fat runes/early ET to me. Stick to the known variants and collecting gets easier! haha