Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

M18 SS DD black helmet

Article about: Hello guys, I know this helmet for sale, but first some opinions are needed. Thx. Kris.

?

Default M18 SS DD black helmet

Hello guys, I know this helmet for sale, but first some opinions are needed. Thx.

M18 SS DD black helmetM18 SS DD black helmetM18 SS DD black helmetM18 SS DD black helmetM18 SS DD black helmetM18 SS DD black helmetM18 SS DD black helmetM18 SS DD black helmetM18 SS DD black helmetM18 SS DD black helmetM18 SS DD black helmetM18 SS DD black helmetM18 SS DD black helmetM18 SS DD black helmetM18 SS DD black helmetM18 SS DD black helmetM18 SS DD black helmet

Kris.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement M18 SS DD black helmet
    P
    Many

Default Re: M18 SS DD black helmet

Hi,i'm no expert on SS decals but the party shield appears to be a to vibrant shade of red to me and has a strange whitish border around it.The runes i think on an early helmet would to have to show border within the inner edges of the runes themselves,i can maybe see a bit of that on the bottom right rune but nowhere else.Wait for the experts but i'm not sure that this is a good one.

Having a close look in the SS decal section on the forum here,these decals do not show the sharp breaks to the shields(pocher decals) as you would expect on pre war transitional helmets.

Where the party shield has a missing section, the helmet is rusty. Immediately to the right of that it is glossy black .......
    to me that means decals on a rusty shell then it is painted ........sorry no good for me!
    Dan
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

Do you know the exact colour? Behind, we have green under brown? And the decals on the brown?

Sorry mate, this type of lid should only wear a Pocher SS decal, and this one isn't close. The break in the shield is too soft, the bottoms of the runes are below the break and the runes look slanted to the right slightly to my eyes. Run away

The bottom edge of the leftmost rune isn't horizontal or aligned to the right hand rune?

?

Both decals are bad.

?

Now that I see better decal pics I would pass, although I am intrigued by this one. Would love to see it in hand.

?

Doug, It looks like an early SS or police with post war added reproduction decals.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast