Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

M35 ET shells - lot numbers

Article about: well I just learned alot from reading this thread, thank you for the knowledge

Default Re: M35 ET shells - lot numbers

well I just learned alot from reading this thread, thank you for the knowledge

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement M35 ET shells - lot numbers
    P
    Many

I was trying a while back to garner support for a personal research project into steels used compared with makers and types ..... sadly only a few shared my enthusiasm ( which has now waned ) and my work has now been put into the too hard basket.

I do however agree with Doug - that NO-ONE'S data should be taken as the sole arbitrating authority - AND even though the GHW database list shows 2000 lot numbers and the Brian Ice book thousands more, opinions can still become polarised, sometimes forgetting that there are others with equally valid records and hypotheses.

My advice is to read all you can on this and other great forums, question all authority ( I sound like an old hippy ) and formulate your own conclusions.

Dan
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

?

Remember 25,000,000 helmets were made as well. 2000 or 10,000 does not a wide percentage make. We do not know definitively how many in a lot, what the lot number meant for certain, why is there sometimes a numeral or letter (more often a numeral however) above or below the lot number on ETs, etc. many unanswered questions we can develop theories for and spot trends in a small fashion.
    Last edited by DougB; 08-31-2012 at 12:16 PM.

Too true Doug - I often wonder if in 70 years time the mundane and day-to-day records and items we take for granted with be scrutinized and analysed in the same way?

" H'mm, was that the early 2009 Afghanistan cammo pattern or the 2011" .......
    Dan
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

Quote by 4md View Post
    A lot number can give you a general time of manufacture e.g 4737 early 1940. like kradspam says et only
    regards Paul
    So if 4737 was early 1940, when was lot 3870 made?

Best,
    Jared

Quote by feldgrun View Post
    So if 4737 was early 1940, when was lot 3870 made?

Best,
    Jared
    Probably 1938 for the ET factory.

?

Yup, in and around there.

So out of curiosity when the M40 replaced the M35 did the roll batch numbers revert back to "0" and start the process all over again?regards minnie.

Quote by moaning minnie View Post
    So out of curiosity when the M40 replaced the M35 did the roll batch numbers revert back to "0" and start the process all over again?regards minnie.
    With ET, they kept the M35 numbering range a little way into M40 production, and then started over. So the very first M40 made by ET will have a very high number. I'm not sure about other firms, I think they probably started over though.

So if thats the case kraddy mine with a 1418 lot M40 ET64 would be 1941 production?regards minnie

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast