Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

M35 & m42

Article about: My name is Allan (new member)and I think I have a problem. The accompanying pictures are of two helmets I bought couple of years ago as real and original. Since then I've had three different

Hello Allan,
    I don't like to hear of people being burnt, and I wish you success in getting your hard earned pennies back.
    I also hope it hasn't put you off collecting, you can always post pictures here for opinions before you buy in the future.
    All the very best,
    Jonathan.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement M35 & m42
    P
    Many

The Heer decal looks like it was licked by someone and smooshed onto the helmet - recently! NH

There were multiple situations where i have gotten burnt on items, and came close to just selling my entire collection and giving up. my advice is to keep on going if this is the hobby you love, and not to let other dishonest people ruin the fun of such a great hobby.

I really hope you get your money back!

regards, Warbuff!

?

Hi Allan and welcome aboard my friend.

I hate to agree but the SS decal is a known reproduction decal. You need to get your money back. In the future, post all helmets here before you buy. Good luck and sorry for the bad news.

Samir

We've all been burned at one time or another Allan,
    and I suppose the price you paid was enough to
    tempt you into purchasing the SS helmet
    and believing you got a 'good deal'.

Please keep us posted and let us know what
    happens. Hopefully the seller is a decent
    guy and gives you a refund.........
    Regards,

Steve.

Quote by allanfike View Post
    $3750
    Damn...

Lightbulb

For those of us who aren't experts on these things, this has been a scary ( but educational ) thread......

I hope the SS dagger in Allan's photos isn't fake also.

I know the M35 as is, is worth about $500, but the M42 I don't. I payed $900 for it. Can you estimate what it's worth as is?

I started out as a gun collector 50 years ago and at a gun collectors show bought an ss dagger. Even then there were fakes, it was not. I bought the helmet to display with the dagger. I'm old now and NO ONE in my family wanted the collection. So, I started selling stuff off, starting with the dagger. Next was the helmets. You know what happened after that.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast