Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here

M35 sd ss q66

Article about: Hi guys. IMO a salty but good Quist. Liner looks Original to the helmet. Helmet was found in a French barn. What are your thoughts?

?

Default M35 sd ss q66

Hi guys. IMO a salty but good Quist. Liner looks Original to the helmet. M35 shell with M40 specs.
    (M40 liner and SD makes me think it was one of the last M35 shells used in 1940)
    Helmet was found in a French barn. What are your thoughts?

M35 sd ss q66M35 sd ss q66M35 sd ss q66M35 sd ss q66M35 sd ss q66M35 sd ss q66M35 sd ss q66M35 sd ss q66

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement M35 sd ss q66
    P
    Many

Hi Krisse, hard to see the shields "breaks" due to the condition, but I will stick my neck out and say that it is a good one. What few of the "points" to the runes are clear, appear to show the non-uniform printing style that results in some being sharper while others are more rounded which is correct for a Quist decal. The overall wear to the helmet looks consistent with the decal as well, as does the naming. Leon.

?

Quote by FALLSCHIRMJAGER View Post
    Hi Krisse, hard to see the shields "breaks" due to the condition, but I will stick my neck out and say that it is a good one. What few of the "points" to the runes are clear, appear to show the non-uniform printing style that results in some being sharper while others are more rounded which is correct for a Quist decal. The overall wear to the helmet looks consistent with the decal as well, as does the naming. Leon.
    Thanks Leon,

to me it seems the the left rune is beneeth the break. I draw a few lines on a bigger picture.
    Looks clear to me.

M35 sd ss q66

?

More opinions would be more then welcome guys. Thanks.

The only problem I really have with the helmet is the seller...Spandau Militaria has a rather dubious reputation, and is there really a true discount of 40%? I'm sure that his 'sales' must fall foul of the law concerning such practices. Don't sale items have to be advertised elsewhere for so many weeks before you can offer a price reduction?

?

Quote by HARRY THE MOLE View Post
    The only problem I really have with the helmet is the seller...Spandau Militaria has a rather dubious reputation, and is there really a true discount of 40%? I'm sure that his 'sales' must fall foul of the law concerning such practices. Don't sale items have to be advertised elsewhere for so many weeks before you can offer a price reduction?
    Yes Harry, he actually does sell at those discounts.
    I bought from him two very good items in the past. All for the given discount.
    One of them was a type A M36 Chained SS dagger in excellent condition for the price of a standard M33.
    And he is a very honest man as well.
    I bought a pair of SS Officer collartabs to that turned out to be fake and I could send them back at once for a full refund. No problem there.