Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

M35 SS dd helmet - subtle camo?

Article about: by radidas I'm can't add anything about the decals but the paint on the liner pins is not right, they stand out like a sore thumb! Pins are fine and not unusual on an M35 Q helmet.

?

Same here, they have to be one second wonders. The poor pics make this more difficult and as with any of them, an in hand is a must!
    Cheers
    Doug

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement M35 SS dd helmet - subtle camo?
    P
    Many

Hi , I think (for what it's worth) Doug is quite right(as usual) about this being a good double decal Quist SS from these new images. The runic decal shows the "softer" points to the runes that you would expect on a Q decal (quite unlike the one I had an almighty row about with the fella with a frog avatar!!) The patina of the pulver also looks nice , so all in all I think your onto a great helmet William! Leon.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture M35 SS dd helmet - subtle camo?  

?

Great lid. Good verdict.

Am curious to know if the camo is actually paint or just mud....? Could account for how those decals cleared off so nice and why the rivets are the way they are too. I was thinking mud smeared from the start but, of course, paint smeared just as feasible. Nice helmet regardless.

Quote by Nigel Lesgate View Post
    Am curious to know if the camo is actually paint or just mud....?
    it looks like a light camo pattern to me but I could very well be wrong on that.
    (these photos were not edited with software beyond cropping but the helmet was also photographed in artificial light)

thanks for everyone's feedback so far.

William Kramer
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture M35 SS dd helmet - subtle camo?  

?

A very neat helmet: A double decal SS camo with the preferred Q decals. Need I say more? Very rare combo although lots of the camo has been removed. This helmet deserves much better pics in proper lighting, so we can all see the helmets true colors. By the way, you say size 68? That was one big azz grenadier.
    Last edited by SSamir; 01-03-2014 at 10:55 PM.

Nice outcome, congrats Will you got a very good helmet here.

Nice find William. Great looking lid.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4