Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

M35 SS DD Parade helmet

Article about: I’ve been doing living history for over 30 years now but only recently got into WW2 living history in the last 8 years or so. Since then I’ve acquired a few Third Reich items. My latest is t

Default M35 SS DD Parade helmet

I’ve been doing living history for over 30 years now but only recently got into WW2 living history in the last 8 years or so. Since then I’ve acquired a few Third Reich items. My latest is this M35 helmet I was hoping to get some other folks prospective on.

It’s a Model 1935 Produced by Quist of Esslingen.
    I believe both the party shield and SS tunes are the Quist design. There is a dome stamp but it is mostly covered up with a personalized sticker named to: SS-Rottenfuhrer Paul Schloffel II./SS Artillerie, Regiment 2.
    Size stamp is Q64, rear skirt stamp is 64, the underside of the leather lining is ink stamped
    RZM 5/40 SS, leather chic strap also has SS stamped in it.

What research I’ve done on Paul Schloffel is:
    He was promoted to SS-Unterscharfuhrer.
    He was awarded Eisner Kreuz 1 (Iron Cross 1st class) on 6/12/1943.
    Eisner Kreuz 2 (Iron Cross 2nd class)
    Allgemeine Strumabzeichen (General Assault Badge)
    Verwundetenabzeichen (Wound Badge - Black)

M35 SS DD Parade helmetM35 SS DD Parade helmetM35 SS DD Parade helmetM35 SS DD Parade helmetM35 SS DD Parade helmetM35 SS DD Parade helmetM35 SS DD Parade helmetM35 SS DD Parade helmetM35 SS DD Parade helmetM35 SS DD Parade helmetM35 SS DD Parade helmetM35 SS DD Parade helmet

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement M35 SS DD Parade helmet
    P
    Many

TWS
    ?

Did you buy this helmet as an original?
    Todd
    Former U.S. Army Tanker.
    "Best job I ever had."

No, my Dad gave it to me a while back, not exactly sure where he got it from.

Hi, well the decals certainly are of a Quist style but i am not liking them myself. The points to the runes appear much to sharp and uniform, the Quist decals i have seen all have points that vary in sharpness. It is also odd that an M35 has been fitted with a liner that has a perforated leather brow, and the chinstrap is not one i like either, to many SS stamps all over the helmet like it is trying to hard to convince. I am also not happy with the size and lot number stamps, especially as the lot number is no lot number at all really. Have to be honest, it looks like a chinese fake to me. Leon.

Well no harm done if it was given to you. It's a fake.........
    Regards,

Steve.

Well, that's a bummer. I was sure the lightweight aluminum shell was a parade helmet. Unfortunately there isn't much info out there about aluminum and lightweight helmets.
    I did find that they were produced for private purchase of NCOs and Officers in the secondary market. I did notice that the lot# didn't match anything in the steel pot database, was hoping maybe to find info on lot#s for Quist constructed Aluminum lightweight shells. (some of what I found was on the site "www.german-helmets.com")

I agree it seems like someone was trying to hard with all the markings, but one can hope

thanks for the responses
    Dave

Looks like a post war shell someone mucked up.
    Parade shells did not have the Q stamp or a dome stamp or a lot number.

TWS
    ?

Quote by Ravenar View Post
    No, my Dad gave it to me a while back, not exactly sure where he got it from.
    Ah, good. I wanted to ask first before I told you that I think it's a total reproduction.
    Todd
    Former U.S. Army Tanker.
    "Best job I ever had."

MAP
    ?

Welcome to the forum.

Our philosophy is that it is better to know the truth (good or bad)

Lucky you have no money into it. Each one of us has a similar story or a drawful of fakes BWRF (BWRF = Before War Relics Forum) Just part of the process
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Why has this M35 got a lip along the bottom edge ... just like a M42 ?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast