Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

M35 SS DD Stahlhelm

Article about: Following are a series of photos of the M35. Hopefully this will give more clarity to those offering their opinions on the veraciity of the helmet. It may be difficult to see in the photos b

Default Re: M35 SS DD Stahlhelm

I am listening or I wouldn't continue this thread and there is no need for you to be cynical in your comment. I accept the opinions about the runes decal being a repro, again I only wish to foster discussion and learn. Fact is there is the distinct outline of a decal under the camo paint where the party or tri colour decal would be, I think it is a reasonable question to ask why this could be so.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement M35  SS DD Stahlhelm
    P
    Many

?

Because the guys who painted the helmet painted over top of it, why do you think?

And it's not a tricolor or (real) party decal. It's probably a fake Heer decal that the dumb asses who painted this thing painted over when they realized they couldn't sell it, or a fake party decal that was a dead give away.

This isn't the first fake camo SS I've seen mate, but your carrying on like you've got the worlds only one.

Fakers will do whatever to make a helmet believable. Gullible people will believe it. Those that look critically at fakes and have experience with them, will not.

?

Quote by reichss View Post
    Hi Doug, please read my response to your comment on this thread. I am not trying to justify anything about it's originality only to foster discussion and learn. But I do disagree the camo doesn't show wear because it does, maybe the photos don't show this clearly enough.
    Not believable natural wear, it shows manufactured hand made wear.

?

I am listening or I wouldn't continue this thread and there is no need for you to be cynical in your comment. I accept the opinions about the runes decal being a repro, again I only wish to foster discussion and learn. Fact is there is the distinct outline of a decal under the camo paint where the party or tri colour decal would be, I think it is a reasonable question to ask why this could be so.

And no you don't want to learn, you have only deflected and dug "deeper" asking more asinine questions in order to keep the fantasy alive that you have real wartime SS helmets vs looking at real examples and other similar fakes in order to learn.

Your not wanting to learn, your wanting to argue the point grasping upon whatever small shred of evidence (veracity?) you can find to keep the myth alive.

Again, enjoy collecting with both eyes and both ears closed. Your bank account is going to take a royal shit kicking.

My understanding is that this forum is for discussion, excuse me for wanting to do that.

Quote by helmet2id View Post
    What is most disturbing to me is that some schmuck has taken advantage of this guy. We certainly should research our prospective purchases, but I suspect the dealer built up a rapport with him, then reeled him in for the big scores. Hopefully there will be some recourse, but it will likely be difficult. I have been there, a bad SD m40 SS that was very expensive. The sob was across the country, and I had no ability to follow up. I still have the humped up piece of c*%# to remind me to take a deep breath and study the prospective purchase before diving in. I have watched the several threads that he started, expressed my opinions on the first one, the DD camo combat police helmet, and felt really bad for him with each successive one as it was immediately clear to me with each that the helmets were fake. I wish him the best in his efforts to recoup his losses. Good luck. Jim G.
    Uh, well, never mind!

?

My understanding is that this forum is for discussion, excuse me for wanting to do that.
    Brad, you've answered open discussion with "I know the provenance" and "why would fakers do this or that". In other words, "here are my helmets, I know they are real, I only want to hear that they are real". I have pointed out in great detail why these helmets are not real as have others. Trust me, we have all been burnt by fakes and it is not a lot of fun to have to admit when you've been had. Collecting is a passion but collecting SS items is also one massive minefield. I am not trying to come across as some know it all but I am concerned for your ability to see a fake for what it is. In the end you will collect what and how you choose but it is not a wise thing to do to come onto forums where there is a massive amount of collective knowledge freely given and ignore it.

Thank you all for your collective wisdom in evaluating this helmet, I accept it is a reproduction camo and decal . I know I made an error when typing in M35, what can I say.

I purchased this helmet from a well known American collector couple nine years ago who do the circuit of relevent shows buying and selling. I wont mention their names, but I believe they would recognised by some members.

Seeing photos of their extraordinary collection and purchasing other bona fide items from them I would have trusted their integrity and knowledge, so, there you are.

?

I saw an old and prestigious collection of TR visors recently in the flesh. He had a fantastic collection. Sadly his SS visors were all fake. I'd go back to him and ask for a refund.

Thank you all for your collective wisdom in evaluating this helmet, I accept it is a reproduction camo and decal . I know I made an error when typing in M35, what can I say.

I purchased this helmet from a well known American collector couple nine years ago who do the circuit of relevent shows buying and selling. I wont mention their names, but I believe they would recognised by some members.

Seeing photos of their extraordinary collection and purchasing other bona fide items from them I would have trusted their integrity and knowledge, so, there you are.
    All that glitters is not gold and quantity doesn't necessarilly mean quality that's why an indepth look at any item is necessary before purchase regardless of who owns what. That's why I simply don't comment when people post vague inadequate pictures.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast