Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

M35 SS sd helmet - messed with decal?

Article about: by SSamir I see noone has replied, is it that serious??? I have seen lesser fights at the religion forums. Everyone here needs to lighten up, its only the internet. I am lightened up. You sh

Default M35 SS sd helmet - messed with decal?

Hello all,

Would like to find out if this is a legit SS helmet according to the lot number? Decal looks added with a paint maker!

William Kramer
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture M35 SS sd helmet - messed with decal?   M35 SS sd helmet - messed with decal?  

M35 SS sd helmet - messed with decal?   M35 SS sd helmet - messed with decal?  

M35 SS sd helmet - messed with decal?  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement M35 SS sd helmet - messed with decal?
    P
    Many

A poorly hand painted decal for me.

?

William the helmet is original but please take 15 minutes and read the SS decal thread I wrote and is pinned here. Then see if you can answer your question and post your thoughts.

Hi William, yes it certainly has been messed with. Run away from this one.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

?

Quote by all1knew View Post
    Hello all,

Would like to find out if this is a legit SS helmet according to the lot number? Decal looks added with a paint maker!

William Kramer
    William, you have answered your question but did so by way of editing the original question out of your thread. Yes it's a child like hand painted runic "decal".

As for the lot number it will not assist you in determining service branch. As has been said here multiple times.

Is this to be for a collection, or to buy with the intent to resell? The reason I ask is when I view your threads started nearly every one of them, pages full, are Is it Real questions, never a post contributing to the knowledge base or showing an item.

Because you never post anything from your collection and the SS helmets your looking for are usually the worst remedial fakes on the planet. Like this one.

So am I wrong to assume you are looking to buy these items to resell or.......? I am just curious,
    Cheers
    Doug

Doug,

Not being a helmet collector is why I post these; I simply just don't know. I am more comfortable with medals and badges and typically when I come across something I know is legit I don't start a thread on it. I only have my one helmet in my collection - always looking to add another.

William Kramer
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture M35 SS sd helmet - messed with decal?   M35 SS sd helmet - messed with decal?  

?

William with all due respect what your posting is like taking a fingerpainting to the Louvre and asking if it's the Mona Lisa. The answers for these remedial fakes are found by doing a very simple search or by reading a pinned thread here and there.

Pleading ignorance after posting so many brutal fakes at some point becomes rather tiresome. Don't you want to learn anything? There are so many shots in the dark you query the members on, and the threads usually begin with "I think it's a fake but..." Or "the guy selling this had fake everything else but...."

C'mon man, really??

And I am still wondering, are these items posted for your collection or to resell?

I wanted to know if the SS decal (obvious paint pen) was added to an original decal to "enhance it" and if the shell was indeed SS (thought it could be identified by the lot number as guys all the time talk about lot numbers being associated to certain branches of service but I don't know how to check)

I took a shot in the dark, sorry - but I've done it before and its turned out ok, you've even helped me before:

SS m35 helmet - Wehrmacht-Awards.com Militaria Forums

that helmet went to my good friend Sam. He asked me to find him one, so I did - cost him $1,500 instead of the $15,000 some people are charging. Had it been messed with, yes - and I found out because I posted it. Thought I may have a similar story with this lid.

I'm sorry if my searching for collectibles is annoying to you, but I'm just trying to learn. I find all sorts of stuff, from helmets, to medals, to daggers, and I peddle here and there when need be to pay my way in the world. I don't know it all, certainly not SS helmets, its hard to know everything. I've also got a few things laying around that most guys my age don't. I'm trying to learn and I'd like to think I've learned a lot on these forums that I've followed for half my life. Everyone started somewhere. If you don't want me to post here anymore just say so. Sorry I don't know as much about SS helmets and their decals.

William Kramer

?

Hi Wil,

A touched up reproduction SS decal.

Lot numbers alone won't give you a definitive branch, but they can provide us with clues. =)

What's the lot, maker, and size?

Samir

?

Will, I don't mind helping as you know. I am always willing to help. I am trying to say is you need to be trying to help yourself as well. It's far more rewarding. And my question on if your a collector or a seller comes from my checking your topics.

It's pages upon pages of Is it Real questions of everything under the sun from helmets to whatever. It just strikes me as highly unusual.

Anyway, I think before you post another is it real question about SS helmets do a microcosm of research, it's all there in black and white.

Cheers
    Doug

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast