Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

M40 et 68 ss

Article about: This one arrived recently from a friend of mine. I was with him when he bought this at the last SOS. He called me over to look at it & I knew it was good from 12' away. So I received it

Default M40 et 68 ss

This one arrived recently from a friend of mine. I was with him when he bought this at the last SOS. He called me over to look at it & I knew it was good from 12' away.
    So I received it in a trade with him recently. The textured paint has no handling wear. It's like sandpaper having full aluminum oxide texture. Some odd storage marks on it, somewhat distracting but overall, a lovely addition.
    We are in the process of looking into the name penned twice in the liner. So far, SS archives shows one SS officer only with that name. So I have a man researching further, maybe a little history to go along with it. Problem is, the archives are "shotty" on enlisted men & NCO's...so it may not be "concrete" provenance. But being there is limited wear to it, possibly it was issued to an officer who rarely wore it & preferred his visor instead of a helmet.
    Thanks for looking
    David
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture M40 et 68 ss   M40 et 68 ss  

M40 et 68 ss   M40 et 68 ss  

M40 et 68 ss  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement M40 et 68 ss
    P
    Many

Well you already know my thoughts on the helmet David - simply awesome. My favourite SS decal is ET and this one ticks all the boxes for sure.
    Is it as impressive in hand as you remember when you saw it at SOS?
    It will be very cool if you can find any information on Kurt Wachter as well - it really brings an item alive when you have this kind of history.

Nick

Nick
    This is such a "well balanced" helmet. Was not bought from a dealer. Some "non-collector" claims it was his dad's bring home. He reserved a table at the SOS & brought this helmet & an M40 heer. That's all he brought. So never been in a collection before, that's why there is no post war handling on it.

Quote by real steel View Post
    Nick
    This is such a "well balanced" helmet. Was not bought from a dealer. Some "non-collector" claims it was his dad's bring home. He reserved a table at the SOS & brought this helmet & an M40 heer. That's all he brought. So never been in a collection before, that's why there is no post war handling on it.
    That's an unusual way of selling a helmet - reserving a table at SOS for just two of them.
    But that doesn't matter now - what does matter is it is in your collection!

Actually, one sees a lot of that. My US M1 was a similar situation. Seller brought one helmet & some books. Maybe they don't want to put up with dealers, commissions, etc.etc. That's why YOU my friend must attend an SOS one year SOON

Cracker. cheers Tony

Stunning helmet David, a beautiful ET M40, near perfect to be honest, those storage marks are no big deal in my eye's, well done. Leon.

Guys there's rust on the skirt!!!

Lovely example and a great addition to your collection.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast