Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

M40 ground dug helmet

Article about: Hey Alex, I personally like relics and especially SS! I would def get it for that price. Did you end up getting it? Dean.

Default M40 ground dug helmet

Hi
    A dealer in my city sells this helmet in USD150, supposedly found in Belgium. You can tell me if it is original or fake with these images. Thank you!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture M40 ground dug helmet   M40 ground dug helmet  

M40 ground dug helmet   M40 ground dug helmet  

M40 ground dug helmet  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement M40 ground dug helmet
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: M40 ground dug helmet

Decal is too far gone to tell for certain but I don't see any signs of monkey business so it may have a chance.

Yes, a M40 with a Pocher decal that seems to look well settled into the original surface..... maybe not for too much longer if the amount of flakes surrounding tthe helmet is anything to go by!! US$150 is a fair price to pay ( I would ) but it certainly needs some stabilisation before it is lost for good.
    Dan
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

?

Probably a Q decal not a Pocher. Very few M40 SS were decorated with the Pocher SS decal and if it were a Q decal it should be a Q shell as well. Either way with an SS decal in this condition you'll never know unless you pulled it out of the ground yourself.

Looks very much like a relic SS lid I have myself. Similar patterns of decay. I know mine is authentic and I would feel very happy to invest $150 in the one you posted. Good luck.

Martin

?

Decal is too far gone for me as well.

By the way, love your avatar.

Samir

Thanks for everything

Saxe

Thank you all for the info. I'm going for it!
    Regards

Saxe

Quote by DougB View Post
    Probably a Q decal not a Pocher. Very few M40 SS were decorated with the Pocher SS decal and if it were a Q decal it should be a Q shell as well. Either way with an SS decal in this condition you'll never know unless you pulled it out of the ground yourself.
    I was thinking the same about it being a Q on an M40, the problem is the shell doesn't look like a Q M40 to me.... I know about the EF M42's with their 'early' style decal but did EF put it on their M40's too? Something doesn't sit well with me on this one, mostly because I don't think it is a Q shell.

?

EF decaled EF M40's did exist but are rare as hell.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast