Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

M40 q68 ss helmet

Article about: 1897 you need to find a reliable source of information about what you collect. Even with the poor pictures, many knowledgable collectors have already pointed out the numerous problems with t

Default re: M40 q68 ss helmet

I'm sorry to hear you paid that kind of money for it.I know it's a real long shot but have a go at getting your money back,if you don't ask you don't get.I know it's to late on this occasion but if you go for another helmet post it here first and get some feedback before you buy. Good hunting my friend!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement M40 q68 ss helmet
    P
    Many

?

Only viewing via ForumRunner and my iPhone (travelling) but not liking what I see at all.

?

Have a safe trip Doug.

Quote by DougB View Post
    Only viewing via ForumRunner and my iPhone (travelling) but not liking what I see at all.
    Traveling again? I need your job.

Going somewhere nice? Just being nosey!!!I'm of to ROME in a couple of weeks with the wife(i don't expect to pick up any hidden relics!!)

Quote by FALLSCHIRMJAGER View Post
    Going somewhere nice? Just being nosey!!!I'm of to ROME in a couple of weeks with the wife(i don't expect to pick up any hidden relics!!)
    Take a shovel and you never know!

?

-----
    Last edited by 1897; 01-02-2013 at 07:03 AM.

?

Doug would be the best one to ask this. He knows all the highline fake decals. Ask the seller to come in the forum and present his facts that this is a genuine period SS decal. See what he says. In the mean time, provide straight on macro shots of the decal. We might be able to identify which fake it is.

I no longer collect such items but it is a one looker post war put together and a shame you spent so much money on it and no surprise that the seller denies it is bad.

As regards to fakes in books, yes plenty of that has happened even in some well regarded books though hopefully not anymore.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

?

Quote by 1897 View Post
    Happy new year, I will start the year with a post about this mysterious helmet;

The seller of this helmet argues that the decal of my helmet is genuine and the like are included in books on SS helmets.

He has also informed me about two guys on a printing company outside Nurnberg in Germany in the early 2000's made ​​fine copies of decals that has cheated some experts, and that these decals are on images of real helmets in books on SS helmets.

Is this correct?
    Posts like the one I am quoting above have no business on this gentemans forum.

You do not know yourself after apprx 15 years and $1300 if its real, you come on here and post photos that are impossible to properly evaluate along with theories as to why it could be real and that it's not the Italian fake.

In other words you've been told by others somewhere your helmet is bad and you've decided to come here and bait the members with your post and for good measure toss in unsubstantiated rumours, innuendo, and useless statements fed to you by the "gentleman" who sold you this helmet to prop it up.

This forum is based on many principles one of which is to provide evidence in your posts.

Consider this a warning to A; post proper photos so as members can answer your question of authenticity B; to cease and desist posting your sellers verbal diarrhea and C; to provide clear evidence to back up your many hydra-headed statements.

Sadly in closing as Jerry has said yes fakes pervade every helmet book printed. Books are a snapshot in time. Knowledge evolves typically via gentleman's forums with rules for decorum such as this one.

True "expertise" comes with challenging and confirming norms and sharing knowledge, not how Mr Skotte is pablum feeding you.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast