Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

M40 SD Helmet. SS?

Article about: The location of the past decal is in wrong position to be an authentic third reich decal. It's a post applied decal what ever the case.

Default M40 SD Helmet. SS?

I received helmet cheap and I noticed faint remains of a decal. It is on the right side of the helmet and is barely visible to see it. The decal is completely gone but is there any way to find out if it's ss? maybe by the markings? Probably heer but worth a shot. It is marked q66 and T4634. Thanks for your help

- - Updated - -

I will have photos later tonight or tomorrow

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement M40 SD Helmet.  SS?
    P
    Many

Default Re: M40 SD Helmet. SS?

The best way to find out if it is an original SS is to post clear pictures of the decal in natural sunlight.

Regards, Corey

The decal is not there. It is completely gone but you can see that a decal was there.

Okay, I understand what you are saying, perhaps through the batch number?

?

I'm answering for doggert here. Yea I want to know if I can find out through the batch number.
    Ryan

4md
    ?

gday, hopfully the photos shed some light, although the lot number you have quoted puts this helmet well into the decal drop zone which could mean someone has put an fake decal on a ND helmet.

regards Paul

Quote by 4md View Post
    gday, hopfully the photos shed some light, although the lot number you have quoted puts this helmet well into the decal drop zone which could mean someone has put an fake decal on a ND helmet.

regards Paul
    +1 Seems like a late war lot number but let's wait for pics.

M40 SD Helmet.  SS?M40 SD Helmet.  SS?M40 SD Helmet.  SS?M40 SD Helmet.  SS?M40 SD Helmet.  SS?M40 SD Helmet.  SS?M40 SD Helmet.  SS?M40 SD Helmet.  SS?M40 SD Helmet.  SS?M40 SD Helmet.  SS?

Because the areas in question are forward of the vent hole, maybe it was a Norwegian decal that was removed?

DDan

Maybe so...

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast