Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

M40 SD SS @ auction

Article about: thank god it was out of my price range anyway, now i dont feel bad that i missed it! lol

Default M40 SD SS @ auction

I was browsing some online auction sites, and I came across this helmet. These are the best pics they posted, and the auction is today (Saturday) so I don't think I could get better pics on short notice. I'm just curious if this one looks good or not. Thanks.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture M40 SD SS @ auction   M40 SD SS @ auction  

M40 SD SS @ auction   M40 SD SS @ auction  

M40 SD SS @ auction   M40 SD SS @ auction  

M40 SD SS @ auction  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement M40 SD SS @ auction
    P
    Many

Default Re: M40 SD SS @ auction

Terrible photo of the decal (intentional perhaps?) but to me the left rune looks fatter than the right one.

?

Maybe it's just the light, but the rust seems too fresh to me, especially on the visor. I agree that the left rune looks fatter, though I know nothing of decals, I'm only commenting on the rust.

Nitram

unfortunately these are the best photos I have. I'm not bidding, just throwing this out there for discussion

I would go for it, depends on the price ofc..

?

I would love to see clear close-ups for sure. Try and ask the auctioneer to take clear pics, you might get lucky.

?

Without extreme close ups of the actual decal i would be very careful on this item, but of course the sellers price could also give some indication if the item has a chance but again that is no sure fire way of proving authenticity

I'm not parttaking in this auction anyway, simply wanted to see what the opinions werre on it, thats all. Thanks!

?

Quote by Glenn66 View Post
    Terrible photo of the decal (intentional perhaps?) but to me the left rune looks fatter than the right one.
    Gentlemen that is the sign of a good Quist SS decal. ;-)

This was posted on another forum, my comment there was the same as here, it appears to be a Q and should be on a Q shell. If not run.
    Someone thinks its real as I understand it sold for $8000. I am now packing up my helmet collection to bring to an auction if those are the prices.

?

Quote by DougB View Post
    Gentlemen that is the sign of a good Quist SS decal. ;-)

This was posted on another forum, my comment there was the same as here, it appears to be a Q and should be on a Q shell. If not run.
    Someone thinks its real as I understand it sold for $8000. I am now packing up my helmet collection to bring to an auction if those are the prices.
    Are you for real? What auction was this?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast