Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

M40 SD SS helmet out of the woodwork today

Article about: Someone ruined the decal by thoroughly scratching off 99% of runes but it has never been in collection or owned by dealer. Was only military item in modern gun collection and elderly man who

?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement M40 SD SS helmet out of the woodwork today
    P
    Many

?

Hi , I can just make it out on this image , it looks to be in the correct position/depth from the top of the border and I think I can just see the tip of it in relation to the side of the border , which again looks ok! I think I would be happy to move my position to a good decal with this added information and say that the appearance of the "soft break" is down to the damage. Leon.

?

M40 SD SS helmet out of the woodwork todayM40 SD SS helmet out of the woodwork today

?

Thanks for your opinion. Im sick about how much of the decal was removed as it would have been a very nice helmet given the overall condition.

Quote by bhdau1 View Post
    Thanks for your opinion. Im sick about how much of the decal was removed as it would have been a very nice helmet given the overall condition.
    Hi , no problem , authenticating SS decals is often tough when they are in good condition so this one is doubly hard but I feel now that it is good. A s you say , this would have been a very nice helmet(and expensive!!) but I think to much damage has been done for a collector to pay much over the price of a no decal helmet. A shame but what can we do!! As for the lot number Brian Ice (who is a member here)would be interested to add it to his research.(as long as DougB and SSamir agree with my evaluation!) Leon.

?

I can check my SS database when I am home from the US.

?

I dont suppose that Doug or anyone else has been able to look at SS database have they?

?

Nobody else has access to my database. ;-)
    I have been out of country and arrived home late last night. I will check tonight or tomorrow as time permits, as promised.

I have a DN197 listed as SS, Doug's database is bigger.Lets see what that yields.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast