Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

M40 SS Helmet Good or Bad?

Article about: Hey guys, Just curious what you all think about this lid, yay or nay on the decal? Thanks!

Quote by SSamir View Post
    The shot is not satisfactory. If I had to buy this helmet based on this photo I would pass. It's an angled shot. It must be a straight on shot without the fish eyed effect.
    I will ask the seller for more pictures of the decal. I appreciate your feedback and moving forward I will ensure I get them the first time. If you don't mind, could you share your thoughts on the photos currently provided?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement M40 SS Helmet Good or Bad?
    P
    Many

?

The problem with angled and fish eyed shots is that they throw the decal's graphics off. Take a few shots and pick the best one. Don't worry, you will be fine.

?

Quote by klashownz View Post
    I will ask the seller for more pictures of the decal. I appreciate your feedback and moving forward I will ensure I get them the first time. If you don't mind, could you share your thoughts on the photos currently provided?
    Honestly, going by my personal experience with SS helmets, I would pass. With SS helmets you need to be 100% certain the decal is good. The decal has to "sell you". You don't want a helmet sitting on your shelf with a question mark floating on top of it.

Here's another of the decal, SSamir

M40 SS Helmet Good or Bad?

?

The seller made a tiny effort and it still has the fish eyed effect. Does he live far from you? If so, keep asking for proper pics, don't settle. Remember, you are the customer, run this deal on your terms, otherwise tell him you don't want it.

Regards
    Samir

SSamir, while I wait for more pics of the decal, I asked the seller for others and he sent me a very hard to decipher picture of the maker mark and it appears to be "Q66" would that be correct for this helmet, if an authentic SS? Here's the pic:M40 SS Helmet Good or Bad?

?

Thats just the maker and size, the company "quest" and the size being a 66. Their helmets were given to probably every branch.

?

By the way, if its an untouched helmet it should be the expected "Q" pattern decal.

I am worried that your decal exhibits the same sort of appearance as one I was once stung with - a round bottom fake that to me looked OK.
    The "deterioration" of the decal face has similar aspects to my eyes ....... that plus the corrosion of the inside ( the chinstrap bail for example ) makes me think this may be a relic that has been 'done up' ..... mine was!

Regards, Dan ( hope I am wrong )
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture M40 SS Helmet Good or Bad?  
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

Quote by SSamir View Post
    By the way, if its an untouched helmet it should be the expected "Q" pattern decal.
    If authentic, this decal would be the "Q" pattern? I see the almost clear border around the black border on the shield which appears similar to other Q's I've looked at. Also, near where the paint is totally gone in the upper corner of the decal you can see the helmet's paint under the white shield paint...just curious if this says anything about the authenticity. I appreciate your replies.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast