Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

M40 SS Helmet - Real

Article about: Hello Gentlemen, I've been offered the pictured M40 SS helmet from the same source which offered me previous helmets shown on this forum and all of which have been knocked back by members. H

?

Default M40 SS Helmet - Real

Hello Gentlemen,
    I've been offered the pictured M40 SS helmet from the same source which offered me previous helmets shown on this forum and all of which have been knocked back by members. However this time the pictures comes a certificate of authenticity from Hartung. Could this be the original helmet I've waiting for, or has the seller gone into doctoring certificates as well as helmets. Could members please take a look at the pictures and give me an opinion from the pictures alone.
    Best Wishes
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture M40 SS Helmet - Real   M40 SS Helmet - Real  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement M40 SS Helmet - Real
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: M40 SS Helmet - Real

The area around the decal has a "misterious" different shade thats a first warning....

It's no good.

?

Hello Luiss22,
    Thanks for the posting, I understand, what you are saying - area around decal a different shade of colour. Any ideas where it comes from? perhaps from removal substance used on the remaining bits of the original decal, bringing up the colour in the surrounding area of the original decal or could it be when applying "new" SS decal transfer, the surrounding area under the transfer, the colouring is enhanced ? Any thoughts
    Cheers

stear totally clear of this seller,if already he has shown what members think are dodgy items.the decal looks to have been deliberaly scracthed, and they over done in.

Helmet and decal not on WW2...... A helmet post-war or Finnish.....

Not for me...