Become our sponsor and display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 16 of 16

M40 SS Helmet for review BIG THANKS for all opinions and help

Article about: Hello everyone As much as I study the helmets and ask on militaria fairs to see and "feel" or learn the originals one can never be sure about some decals when it's seen on internet

  1. #11

    Default

    Side by side comparison to an original. The curve on the shield is not right IMO.
    Also, the decal has worn but there is no trace of silver under the black runes.

    M40 SS Helmet for review BIG THANKS for all opinions and help

  2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement M40 SS Helmet for review BIG THANKS for all opinions and help
    Join Date
    Always
    Location
    Advertising world
    Age
    2010
    P
    Many
     

  3. #12

    Default

    Besides what you pointed out Nick...the runes are too short, they are not "angled" correctly. Also, ET decals come to a distinct point at the bottom, this posted example does not have. It's a bad one
    D.
    "When 10 men tell you you're drunk, you better lie down."

  4. #13
    TWS
    TWS is offline
    ?

    Default

    Quote by real steel View Post
    Anyone ever see an original zinc coated steel liner band rust like that ?
    D
    I don't like that.
    Todd
    Former U.S. Army Tanker.
    "Best job I ever had."

  5. #14

    Default

    Why on earth pay a penny for a helmet that you say yourself has a 10% chance of being real , or to put it another way, a 90% (!!!) chance of being fake? Two of the most knowledgable collectors, whose opinions expressed here I endorse 1000%, have unequivocally stated that the decal is fake. Wishful thinking doesn't change that fact. Now it's up to you. Jim G.

  6. #15
    MAP
    MAP is online now
    ?

    Default

    Don't know how I missed this one....but have been busy the last few days

    Nothing right with this creation
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

    My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

    "Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

  7. #16

    Default

    Now that's why I'm here, not knowing enough to distinguish this as a fake and then getting educated. Nice.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Similar Threads

  1. 03-20-2017, 11:59 AM
  2. ss skull No.4? to review, opinions?

    In SS metal cap insignia forum
    06-21-2015, 05:51 PM
  3. ss skull No.2? to review, opinions?

    In SS metal cap insignia forum
    06-20-2015, 02:00 AM
  4. 01-21-2015, 06:13 PM
  5. SS Cap for review - need opinions please...

    In SS Uniforms and insignia
    03-20-2011, 04:00 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •