Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here

M40 Waffen-SS helmet DD

Article about: Hello everyone, I found this at a local flea market covered with postwar grey paint. A friend of mine said he will have a try removing the color and this is the result! A double decal SS hel

Default M40 Waffen-SS helmet DD

Hello everyone,

I found this at a local flea market covered with postwar grey paint. A friend of mine said he will have a try removing the color and this is the result! A double decal SS helmet!

Looking forward to your comments,
    Klaus

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement M40 Waffen-SS helmet DD
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: M40 Waffen-SS helmet DD

Hello Klaus,

You are really "pumping" out some serious items at the moment

PS: Did you get my email? I understand if you are busy at the moment. LOL

Regards, Lars

?

However, i can't find it in the data base.

Regards, Lars

I saw this on your auctions Klaus, a shame the decals are in such poor condition but still a very nice surprise under the paint!

?

If real, your friend destroyed a very nice DD SS M40. This is why I always recommend a professional. Trying to save a few bucks can cost you thousands, and in this case it probably did. Just my two cents.

?

As stated earlier i have problems finding it in data base. I am also not super familiar with LOT numbers so... Any opinions on this Samir?

Regards, Lars

?

Lars, in my opinion, I would ask Doug, if he has a 399 lot number in his data base, and at the same time probably send it to him for an in hand inspection as these decals have been scrubbed badly, that's if you wanted this helmet badly.

Regards
    Samir

?

Its within the correct lot number range I have for SS double decal M40 Q. They end just over 400 with Q factory applied Q SS and Q party decals. I dont see any red flags, entire helmet has the look of a cleaned and scrubbed SS along with the decals. As with any helmet an in hand is critical.

Thanks guys! I agree it would have been worth to give in the hands of someone who knows what he is doing. Next time!

?

Overall its still a nice helmet. Thanks for sharing it with us.