Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here

M42 Single Decal SS to ID

Article about: Hi Guys! What Do You thing about this SS second pattern decal on M42 helmet? Is it ok or modern fake??? Regards Sepp

Default M42 Single Decal SS to ID

Hi Guys!
    What Do You thing about this SS second pattern decal on M42 helmet?
    Is it ok or modern fake???

Regards
    Sepp
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture M42 Single Decal SS to ID   M42 Single Decal SS to ID  

M42 Single Decal SS to ID  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement M42 Single Decal SS to ID
    P
    Many

Terrible pictures but I blew up the decal on my i-phone I have serious doubts.

Hi , this really needs some better images , but it stands a chance of being an ET pattern decal. The runes end just below the softer breaks to the shield and the bottom appears to be more pointed as it should be. The next question I would have is, is this helmet a CKL marked one? I cannot see it on the rear of the skirt but there appears to be something near the bale?? If this is not a CKL marked shell , then the decal is most likely bad. Leon.

?

Sepp you will need to post a closeup head on in focus photo of the decal with no flash glare. Try an outside photo. Also please post the make of the helmet found stamped on the side or rear of the skirt, it should be a ckl or an outside chance of an EF maker. Both carried the ET pattern decal (SS decals are not referred to as 1st or 2nd pattern any longer, see the SS decal reference I wrote pinned above for more information)

Hope to see better photos, also please post a photo of the other side of the helmet,thanks.

Doug

?

Agreed. Better photos of the decal is a must.