Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

M42 SS helmet

Article about: Helo! What do you thin about that one M42 fat SS runes? Found in the mud of a lake.

I am somewhat proud of myself for believing it was authentic earlier in the post. I guess all this research and seeing them in person is really helping

Nice helmet again!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement M42 SS helmet
    P
    Many

Good photos always make the difference!
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

?

When i see the inside of the helmet of OP, i see it is as good as 100% equal as the ones i pulled myself out of a mudhole some years ago.

?

I found only a couple of photos of those helmets, i dont know where i the close ups are now.

I do not try to hijack this thread, but wanting to show people how a helmet etc can look like, only a couple of hours after it came out of the ground.

If mod want to remove this post, please do so- i only want to aid OP.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture M42 SS helmet   M42 SS helmet  

M42 SS helmet   M42 SS helmet  

M42 SS helmet  

Good close up photo's are essential of SS decals to determine type and authenticity. Also all of the facts about a find/purchase help from the beginning and not a "drip feed" if in incorrect appraisal is to be avoided. Leon.

Look at the 2 pictures I have posted below and always bear in mind, even if it looks good, and has been published in a book (which this one had) things are always NOT what they seem.

Removed from the ground in Russia and cleaned---------- supposedly
    Attached Images Attached Images M42 SS helmet  M42 SS helmet 

?

I sometimes goes a tad paranoid, i wonder how many dug helmets getting new ss decals and then placed back into the mud for x number of months/years.

Its a serious question since there is a golden rule when it comes to collecting militaria since there is so much replika/fakes. IF you are going to sell your (90% certain is genuine) object in the future, then you can encounter very big problems doing so.

I would personaly be extremely careful, and would not include anything else then 100% identifiable objects into my collection.

I dont need the constant headache: "What IF the item on my shelf is a replika"- "What IF i sell a replika to a fellow collector"

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3