Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

m42 ss helmet decal

Article about: Is this decal original? I'm not sure because it's on the left side of the helmet. I hope you'll help me, thanks.

Default m42 ss helmet decal

Is this decal original? I'm not sure because it's on the left side of the helmet.
    I hope you'll help me, thanks.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture m42 ss helmet decal   m42 ss helmet decal  

m42 ss helmet decal   m42 ss helmet decal  

m42 ss helmet decal   m42 ss helmet decal  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement m42 ss helmet decal
    P
    Many

Default Re: m42 ss helmet decal

Maybe!?! The decal does not appear to be a Pocher (the middle/inside angle between the top and bottom portions of the right rune appears to me to be too wide, more like an ET decal or one of the variants like the decals on the Chris Jones double runic showcased in the Hicks/Beaver book) as most are on the very rare reverse SD M42 SS lids, but there are to my knowledge at least 2 reverse SD M42 SS helmets that do not have Pocher decals. It is impossible for me to tell from the photos if this is original, and it does look as if the decal was scratched from the horizontal lines apparent in the pictures, which would heighten the index of suspicion, but those may be the result of efforts to remove a period decal, or to deface it, or to uncover it from under paint. Others on this site who have experience in restoration of helmets may have a better insight as to its originality, but as for me, I hope it is real - good luck. Jim G.

Many thanks!

Hello guys, I have received only one reply to this thread, and I find interesting more opinions on this controversial SS helmet.
    The oxid is over the SS decal, I think that it means an argument for his originality.
    I can upload more photos if it's needed

I think the runes decal on that side meant foriengn volounteers?.I have an m42one like it with more of the cream shield but the black runes faded tottaly,and on the same side as yours.

Can you put photos of your helmet?

Here is a picture of the left side of my double runic - decal M40 - an ET with a Pocher decal added post issue to the left side.(This lid is in the Hicks/Beaver book attributed to its former owner, I picked it up in trade about 10 years ago) Most SS lids with runes on the left have Pocher decals, but a few do not. Jim G.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture m42 ss helmet decal  

That is the left side of a reverse decal M35 SS. It was originally a double decal combat police, then the Pocher decal was placed over the police decal. Under a jewler's glass in the chips you can see the police decal. Jim G.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture m42 ss helmet decal  

I was going to post both the M35 reverse and the M40 double runic in one post, but couldn't figure out how to post more than one picture per post, and screwed up the description. One of these days I will learn how to work these new fangled contraptions! Jim G.

Hi Jim, thanks for showing these. I have tidied up your posts for you

To load multiple pics in one post, up to 10, just add them all in one go, them once you have them all listed, finally hit the upload button. Then press the Submit Relpy button. You will soon get the hang of it.

Cheers, Ade.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast