Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

M42 ss sd

Article about: by Krikke1980 Okay guys, thank you very much. This case is closed then. Not easy to find a good SS helmet these days. Cheers, Kris. Look no further! I have a few for sale, let me know. =)

?

Default M42 ss sd

I came up on this lid which I looking to buy if real.
    Some opinions on the decal please? I've looked for it on this forum and I guess it's a Pocher decal.
    But Pocher decals on M42 should be rather rare to find and it should be on a reissue.
    I've asked the seller for the makermark in the shell, so I'm still waiting for it.

M42 ss sdM42 ss sdM42 ss sdM42 ss sdM42 ss sdM42 ss sdM42 ss sd

Thx in advance,

K.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement M42 ss sd
    P
    Many

Default Re: M42 ss sd

Not for me. It has a repro Pocher on an M42. No need to discuss this one any further. Sorry. Jim G.

Hi,sorry but it is a fake,look at the colour difference around the decal edges,also it should not have that "horrid" white border to it and the "aged"look is added as well.Oh I forgot to add,it does not even look like a pocher apart from the sharp breaks to the shield! Very poor. Leon.

?

Okay guys, thank you very much. This case is closed then.
    Not easy to find a good SS helmet these days.

Cheers,

Kris.

Quote by Krikke1980 View Post

Cheers,

Kris.
    You are not wrong there my friend, the proverbial "rocking horse do dah" is a much more common find these days,and as far as I know it has not been faked yet!! Leon.

?

Cheers,

Kris.
    Italian fake Pocher. SS helmets are actually rather plentiful these days considering that a few years ago you could never find them. River Valley this morning just posted up a crazy good Q SD with vet provenance and partial research for a very reasonable price given the history. The Duck has 10 or so for sale. SS Steel has several for sale. There is one very well priced on WW2Germanhelmets.com and German Helmets Inc has had some nice ones very well priced this year. I could go on.

With all due respect the problem is your wasting valuable time looking in the wrong places.

https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/ss-he...helmet-248258/

Quote by DougB View Post
    Italian fake Pocher. SS helmets are actually rather plentiful these days considering that a few years ago you could never find them. River Valley this morning just posted up a crazy good Q SD with vet provenance and partial research for a very reasonable price given the history. The Duck has 10 or so for sale. SS Steel has several for sale. There is one very well priced on WW2Germanhelmets.com and German Helmets Inc has had some nice ones very well priced this year. I could go on.

With all due respect the problem is your wasting valuable time looking in the wrong places.

https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/ss-he...helmet-248258/
    I agree Doug,it just depends on the "budget" available.All those sites sell great helmets,i wish I could afford to buy a few! As you may remember,the one SS I bought will be the only one as it cleaned me out for a bit!(but it was worth it!!) Leon.

?

Thx Doug. I know I post a lot sometimes on this forum, but for me it is indeed a never ending learning school.
    I always keep the foto's of the fake ones in a map on my laptop to compair.
    Thank you for the link.

Cheers, Kris.

?

Thx Doug. I know I post a lot sometimes on this forum, but for me it is indeed a never ending learning school.
    I always keep the foto's of the fake ones in a map on my laptop to compair.
    Thank you for the link.

Cheers, Kris.
    Its ok to post Kris, thats not the reason for my reply, youll be further ahead by going with the advice than finding a needle in a stack of needles. Lots of good advice in that link. Cheers

Doug

?

Quote by FALLSCHIRMJAGER View Post
    I agree Doug,it just depends on the "budget" available.
    That is the case with anything, knowing your budget. If your looking for an inexpensive SS helmet you need to know the market. Odds are 99.95% that you wont find a $6000 helmet when you have $600 to spend. So save up and study up or look for a helmet within the budget and further your education in the process! Otherwise its fake after fake after fake after fake. That gets frustrating for a prospective collector. Sure the odd one pops up at a flea market. But anyone with a digital camera and the internet can simply Google SS helmets and find out that their helmet is worth thousands.

I wish Kris luck, and with enough study and saving one will come his way eventually.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast