Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

M42 SS SD lid for opinions please

Article about: I have seen this SS SD lid, but am not sure about it. The decal looks a bit askew and I have not seen one like that before. Decal pics are poor - too much flash! Overall condition not great,

Default Re: M42 SS SD lid for opinions please

Quote by cgp1066 View Post
    I feel sorry for any soldier that had to wear a helmet with a crooked decal like that Heer.
    Not getting killed was probably a bigger concern than looking good out there on the battlefield..

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement M42 SS SD lid for opinions please
    P
    Many

Quote by slados28 View Post
    Not getting killed was probably a bigger concern than looking good out there on the battlefield..
    haha that is very true, but the Germans always tried to look good. For example, those Panzer wrap coats are very nice and sophisticated.

If you get a genuine SS M42 for $700 then you are pretty much the envy of my life.

Although not being very knowledgeable in the realm of SS helmets/decals etc. I'd still like to say that I'd never trust the combination of poor decal photos and an astonishingly low price... If genuine it'd be a total steal. Good luck!

Whatever happened about that SS lid you were gonna go for a few weeks back Mo? Did you miss it??

Regards, Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Quote by Wagriff View Post
    seems an awfully sloppy application to someone as picky and meticulous as the SS. William
    That myth has been busted a long time ago , remember that these helmets were made by forced labour. All that counted was the steel quality.

About the helmet in question better pics will make or break it but I think it will break.

?

It is noted that M42 ckl SS helmets often had crooked decals, as did some M40 ET SS helmets. That is perfectly normal with these and actually some collectors want one as an example. I owned one that was nearly on a 45 degree angle. It was cool for a while but on a shelf surrounded by other SS helmets it looked like a crooked picture and so I sold it as it bothered my sense of display - that and I am OCD about it a perfect display LOL.

As for the price combined with crap photos, I head air raid sirens going off now. HUGE red flag. Dont send a nickel without proper photos.

Doug

Quote by big ned View Post
    Whatever happened about that SS lid you were gonna go for a few weeks back Mo? Did you miss it??

Regards, Ned.
    Yea, I missed it unfortunately. I'll just have to hold out for Doug's snow camo EF M42.

?

Quote by ObKrieger View Post
    Yea, I missed it unfortunately. I'll just have to hold out for Doug's snow camo EF M42.
    I hope your a patient man. :-)

I promised you I would buy it from you one day. lol

You have a few years on me so I can be patient!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast