Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

M42 SS SD lid for opinions please

Article about: I have seen this SS SD lid, but am not sure about it. The decal looks a bit askew and I have not seen one like that before. Decal pics are poor - too much flash! Overall condition not great,

?

Default M42 SS SD lid for opinions please

I have seen this SS SD lid, but am not sure about it. The decal looks a bit askew and I have not seen one like that before. Decal pics are poor - too much flash! Overall condition not great, but price reflects this. Marked CK134 and 375

M42 SS SD lid for opinions pleaseM42 SS SD lid for opinions pleaseM42 SS SD lid for opinions pleaseM42 SS SD lid for opinions pleaseM42 SS SD lid for opinions pleaseM42 SS SD lid for opinions pleaseM42 SS SD lid for opinions pleaseM42 SS SD lid for opinions please

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement M42 SS SD lid for opinions please
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: M42 SS SD lid for opinions please

It has a chance but you must post clear, concise photos with no flash glare and in focus to get any worthwhile opinions. The markings you print make no sense This is a ckl helmet, and will have a size and 64 for example, and a lot number in the rear of the skirt.
    Cheers
    Doug

The decal appears to be consistent with the paint which is a good sign, but I agree with Doug, you need clearer pictures before an accurate judgment can be given. SS decals are tricky.

I don't remember the last time I ever saw a helmet decal This crooked....seems an awfully sloppy application to someone as picky and meticulous as the SS. William
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Decals found on ET/CKL helmets are often crooked. I have to say that I like what I see so far, although better pics are certainly helpful.

Here is an example of an ET single decal Heer M42. Check out the decal on this thing.

(ET is the same manufacturer as CKL. They just changed it to CKL later in the war.)
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture M42 SS SD lid for opinions please  

?

More daylight pics requested. Thanks for the input. If genuine I assume $700 is reasonable.

?

Quote by alikat View Post
    More daylight pics requested. Thanks for the input. If genuine I assume $700 is reasonable.
    Very

If genuine it sounds like a "horribly" low price, good for you but perhaps not so much for the seller...

?

If it proves genuine id rip the guys arm off for $700, but im a little wary about the low price

I feel sorry for any soldier that had to wear a helmet with a crooked decal like that Heer.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast