Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

M42 SS winter camo

Article about: I'm going to visit my mom in Germany in a few weeks and will have a chance to buy this helmet while I'm there. These are the only photos for now, but wonder if anything can be deduced from t

?

Default M42 SS winter camo

I'm going to visit my mom in Germany in a few weeks and will have a chance to buy this helmet while I'm there. These are the only photos for now, but wonder if anything can be deduced from them. Thanks again for your help.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture M42 SS winter camo   M42 SS winter camo  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement M42 SS winter camo
    P
    Many

Default re: M42 SS winter camo

The corrosion on the helmet has been painted over, that's not right. The only signs of any scratching or chipping on the whole helmet is on and around the decal, as if attempting to hide a repro decal. The paint line where the decal was masked is raised slightly and shows no wear. From the limited pic's, these are a few observations that I think make this helmet a fake. I'm sure others will spot even more problems, so best wait out.

Regards, Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Quote by big ned View Post
    The corrosion on the helmet has been painted over, that's not right. The only signs of any scratching or chipping on the whole helmet is on and around the decal, as if attempting to hide a repro decal. The paint line where the decal was masked is raised slightly and shows no wear. From the limited pic's, these are a few observations that I think make this helmet a fake. I'm sure others will spot even more problems, so best wait out.

Regards, Ned.
    Agreed. Also, it looks to be a Pocher wanna-be, on an M42, which is a big red flag. Better pictures won't help this one, it is bad. Jim G.

?

Thanks. I'm pretty well convinced this is not anything I want.

?

Good move to post it Pablo. Money saved. Enjoy Germany!

?

As Jim said its a bad decal. The rest is a moot point.