Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

messed with SS reverse decal helmet

Article about: Hi Guys, im in a bit of a spot with this lid, and im not sure if i want to keep hold of it? its been messed with, multiple layers of paint have been stripped to reveal a very tired ss decal,

?

Default messed with SS reverse decal helmet

Hi Guys,

im in a bit of a spot with this lid, and im not sure if i want to keep hold of it?

its been messed with, multiple layers of paint have been stripped to reveal a very tired ss decal, then someone has seen fit to try and bring a little depth to it with a felt tip pen/ marker.

can this mess be cleaned up or is it a case of leaving it as is, its been through the mill as it is, but your thought and comments will be welcome as allways.

cheers guys ,

p.s im afraid my camera is not fantastic so these are the best i can do for now
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture messed with SS reverse decal helmet   messed with SS reverse decal helmet  

messed with SS reverse decal helmet   messed with SS reverse decal helmet  

messed with SS reverse decal helmet   messed with SS reverse decal helmet  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement messed with SS reverse decal helmet
    P
    Many

Default Re: messed with SS reverse decal helmet

decal is fake,i believe,,too out of proportion and misaligned,,and considering the overall appeal of the helmet,i would move it on.....

?

hi, it looks to me like a messed up semi-relic helmet , with a ss decal on the wrong side.
    Regards

Matt

It is hard to tell from the pictures, but the runes do not seem to have the correct proportions and do not seem to be positioned properly within the shield. Can you tell if ANY of the black is printed decal versus the felt tip touch up? I suspect that during the stripping process a Heer decal was essentially stripped to the base and the person stripping the paint decided to create a reverse decal SS helmet. To the left of the runes it appears that there are vertical markings that could be the remnants of the Adler's wing. These are just my observations about the decal from the pictures. You should be able to tell if you look at the decal with a jeweler's loupe. Once you decide whether the decal is SS or Heer then you can decide whether to keep it. I hope it is a reverse decal SS, as they are as rare as hen's teeth. Here is a picture of my M35 reverse double decal decal helmet. Most, like mine, have Pocher SS Rune decals. Compare the dimensions and position of the runes to yours. Good luck, Jim G.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture messed with SS reverse decal helmet   messed with SS reverse decal helmet  

here are some pictures of pocher decals(2) and an ET decal which may help you with the comparison. Jim G

messed with SS reverse decal helmet  

After seeing that the decal was on the wrong side,
    I noticed the Adler wing detail as well.

It is a Heer helmet. Send it back if it is possible,
    unless you'd like to keep it for what it is.
    Regards,

Steve.