Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

My first SS - EF66

Article about: Not a minty lid but a nice solid helmet and my first SS. Plus a Vet purchase. It got it's flaws (primarily poor storage) but I like it! The first is always special. Up for show and tell is a

Very nice!

Is the decal over top of another decal?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement
    P
    Many

4md
    ?

Quote by Glenn66 View Post
    Very nice!

nice first ss lid ..............that's my question as well looks like a decal under there

?

Yes it has one decal over the other. Nice, this making it a valuable research piece. You should watermark your photos, just an advice. Make it alittle difficult for the Pawel nowaks out there.
    Collect ROA, Cossack, Schuma and other WW2 Volunteer militaria.

"Be Humble and kind, for you may find that it was Odin you entertained"

A one second one look EF SS with a nearly 100% intact decal. I would be very pleased to have this one. A great first one, congrats. Jim G.

MAP
    ?

Quote by Gwar View Post
    Ahhhh.... Amazon.... New Book !!!
    LoL!
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

MAP
    ?

Quote by A.J. Zawadzki View Post
    Now to decide where to hide if for a while, so that later you can answer the inevitable question with a clear conscience: "what, that thing? Oh, I've had it for a loooong time!"

Very nice addition to your collection. Congrats to you!

Tony
    Thanks Tony,

We all pretend to be so much smarter and try to hide stuff like this. But good wives know. They always know. LoL

M

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Congrats on a fine looking SS! Nice tasty decal on that one... really like it!

MAP
    ?

Quote by DougB View Post
    Nice helmet with plenty of decal, weird on the black paint. The only way paint gets in there is someone put it there. When, how and why is purely speculation now.
    Quote by Glenn66 View Post
    Very nice!

Quote by 4md View Post
    nice first ss lid ..............that's my question as well looks like a decal under there
    Quote by TrondK View Post
    Yes it has one decal over the other. Nice, this making it a valuable research piece. You should watermark your photos, just an advice. Make it alittle difficult for the Pawel nowaks out there.
    Given the limited time I had yesterday with my new baby, I didn't really see what may be a double decal. I was planning on a full analysis this weekend anyway, so will pull out the USB microscope and see what I could find out.

Thanks everyone. Will keep you all posted.

Michael

?

Quote by FALLSCHIRMJAGER View Post
    Hi Michael, well done mate, that is a good honest EF M42 with a super decal. There are no worries with this helmet at all, as for the black paint? The only thing I can think of is that the original wearer wanted to prevent the "glare/shine" from the liner band for some reason, but as Doug says, the reason is lost to time now! Leon.
    Hi Leon, I am not sure how the liner band would have any glare or shine, as it is covered by the liner itself. It is strange indeed however, who knows. My guess is at some point the liner was swapped out period and it had the paint in the liner band from a different helmet already. That is the only thing I can think of!

Either way, a super first SS helmet MAP! Way to go!

MAP
    ?

Quote by DougB View Post
    Hi Leon, I am not sure how the liner band would have any glare or shine, as it is covered by the liner itself. It is strange indeed however, who knows. My guess is at some point the liner was swapped out period and it had the paint in the liner band from a different helmet already. That is the only thing I can think of!

Either way, a super first SS helmet MAP! Way to go!
    Thanks for the vote on this one Doug. I like the story this one tells, even if we will never know the "middle" part. Now to see tonight if there really is a second decal under the top one.

Better pictures will be forthcomeing once the 14 inches of snow we got yesterday melts....

Michael

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast