Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here

My relic SS M40 "restored"

Article about: I have refitted the liner, not original to the helmet with some semi relic liner pins, i think they match the rest of the shell well....i added the butchered remains of a repro chin strap, a

?

Default My "restored" SS relic M40

I have refitted the liner, not original to the helmet with some semi relic liner pins, i think they match the rest of the shell well....i added the butchered remains of a repro chin strap, aged to fit with the rest of the liner, I like it, finaly feels complete

So here she is refitted and proudly on the shelf.....those liner pins are a mongrel to fit!!! Some of you may recognise the battle damaged skull in the photo, I got it off a forum member with full disclosure as to it being a fake, I just like it, he is sooo cute, his name is Horst and he is 10

I will now take my unapplied heer decal and put it on the other side of the SS helmet, age it a bit and a have a super rare helmet!!!!!......no not really, i cant back that up......
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture My relic SS M40 "restored"   My relic SS M40 "restored"  

My relic SS M40 "restored"   My relic SS M40 "restored"  

My relic SS M40 "restored"  
    Last edited by AMTG; 02-29-2012 at 04:10 AM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement My relic SS M40 "restored"
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: My relic SS M40 "restored"

Nice "put together" helmet. I think you did a nice job.

Regards
    Samir

?

Default Re: My "restored" SS M40 relic

Thanks mate.....was very careful with this one....didn't wanna muck it up! I think it came out well
    Last edited by AMTG; 02-29-2012 at 04:48 AM.

?

Well done!

Looks great - You've done an excellent job on it.........!
    Regards,

Steve.

?

Thsnks for all the comments,mi know its a parts helmet, but it displays well and looks convincing

It's necker leaving my collection