Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Need help! Cheap SS helmet full of holes genuine?

Article about: There's nothing wrong with relic helmets, 5 of my 6 lids are ground dug. To have this collection as non relic would have set me back easily \\$15000 I reckon so for the collector on a budget,

Default Re: Need help! Cheap SS helmet full of holes genuine?

in the same shop you could buy a jack boot for 55euro's just 1 boot

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Need help! Cheap SS helmet full of holes genuine?
    P
    Many

?

Normandy isn't a good comparison , the shops over there are some of the most exepensive there is due to the large War Tourist trade !!
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings

Well, most of americans will visit Europe and Normandy only once in a lifetime. So it is not important that You can get similar stuff for cheaper price from eBay. When You are on vacation you will often buy items that You really do not need at all. And anyway - why should anyone buy a rusty helmet at all? After WWII all Europe was full of WWII stuff and nobody cared. Why should we pay for the very same stuff now tousands of $? Is not that crazy? Answer is simple - there are in 2012 much more collectors worldwide and much less original items! In Normandy all German stuff is of course overpriced (and a little secret to You - many of these helmets are actually from Eastern Europe). It is just business.

Quote by Frundsberg View Post
    Well, most of americans will visit Europe and Normandy only once in a lifetime. So it is not important that You can get similar stuff for cheaper price from eBay. When You are on vacation you will often buy items that You really do not need at all. And anyway - why should anyone buy a rusty helmet at all? After WWII all Europe was full of WWII stuff and nobody cared. Why should we pay for the very same stuff now tousands of $? Is not that crazy? Answer is simple - there are in 2012 much more collectors worldwide and much less original items! In Normandy all German stuff is of course overpriced (and a little secret to You - many of these helmets are actually from Eastern Europe). It is just business.
    god this is getting boring already........

Why would anyone at any damn price want a helmet that looks like it was at the first Atomic Bomb test in July 1945!!!!!!!!!!!! There is no value to junk,period!! Good GRIEF!

?

Quote by Frundsberg View Post
    Very true Frundsberg many helmets for sale in Normandy and other Battlefield Tourist areas such as the Ardennes or puporting on flea bay etc are recycled from Eastern Europe, !!
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

?

Quote by wj2373 View Post
    god this is getting boring already........
    Wayne what's that about ?? Uncalled for mate !!

1st July 1916

Quote by Paul E View Post
    Wayne what's that about ?? Uncalled for mate !!
    it just seems to me that a few certain poster's of this thread have a grudge against ground dug helmets..i've collected top shelf camo's and civil helmets right down to dug stuff i love it all...........l i just wish some ppl would chillout and enjoy the hobby/addiction thats in all of us..forgive me but i shoot from the hip...
    wayne

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast