Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Need help !!! Waffen SS M42 + helmet cover

Article about: by dougb danmark i don't have time to give a 4 paragraph dissertation on each "is it real" thread posted and if asked i am happy to oblige. And there are plenty of members who can

Default Need help !!! Waffen SS M42 + helmet cover

Hello

i need a little help from you guys, i know that it is hard to tell if it is a genuine SS helmet especially without the runes but your opinion on the camo, and the helmet cover will be much appreciated.. the material looks good to me

thank you
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Need help !!! Waffen SS M42 + helmet cover   Need help !!! Waffen SS M42 + helmet cover  

Need help !!! Waffen SS M42 + helmet cover   Need help !!! Waffen SS M42 + helmet cover  

Need help !!! Waffen SS M42 + helmet cover   Need help !!! Waffen SS M42 + helmet cover  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Need help !!! Waffen SS M42 + helmet cover
    P
    Many

Default Re: Need help !!! Waffen SS M42 + helmet cover

PS : this helmet comes from Munchen , Bavaria and the camo is sand paint...

Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Need help !!! Waffen SS M42 + helmet cover   Need help !!! Waffen SS M42 + helmet cover  

?

It appears that the entire rig is fake.

?

Quote by DougB View Post
    It appears that the entire rig is fake.
    +1

Thank you Doug and if your time permits can you please tell me exactly the points that you don't like so i can learn ?
    is the fabric original at least ?

?

Did BW not use these covers post war or am i wrong here?
    Last edited by Datrus; 04-25-2012 at 11:45 AM.

Quote by Datrus View Post
    Did BW not use these covers post war or ami wrong here?
    Hi Lars, you are mistaken here.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

?

Looks like a heavily aged repro liner from " At the front".... The stitching on the cover where it slips over the bill is identical to my one thst I aged in my " extreme aging" thread

I was watching to see if there was something other than a monosyllabic response and lo and behold, an Aussie come to the rescue!
    Seriously though, I liken this forum ( in fact the whole website ) to a repository of knowledge found nowhere else and, I know that seeing yet another fakeroo can elicit an abrupt response from some folk - but surely the guy needs a detailed set of reasons as to why he has an imposter on his hands???
    I for one would question the following .......
    1) Why does a well worn cover have clean white stitching along the edges? Also, the hook rivet head have no rub marks from the helmet, nor does the helmet have any hook marks.
    2) The rust present is orange and looks fresh - NOT in line with the apparent age of the piece ( hooks etc... ) look at how metal changes with rusting.
    3) The colour of the liner is in sharp contrast to the inside of the shell. This cannot happen in real life wear, handling will abrade / rub / put grease on the rim so the inside should be grubbier than it is.
    4) The helmet has little edge wear or chipping that will happen with old paint - and the paint has no patina ( or uneven wear patterns )
    5) The rivets have no wear around them ( rivets loosen and move and scrub the helmet surface a little - you should see this )

That should do ............. yes, everyone is correct in saying it is a TOTAL fabrication but ...."who gives reasons convinces"

Dan

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast