Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here

Need opinions on SS EF decal

Article about: Hey guys, I'll bet Doug will be particularly interested in this one. I found this single decal SS M42 for sale, an EF66. I think that I can get it for an outstanding price. This helmet would

Default Need opinions on SS EF decal

Hey guys,

I'll bet Doug will be particularly interested in this one. I found this single decal SS M42 for sale, an EF66. I think that I can get it for an outstanding price. This helmet would be my dream piece. I have always imagined my first SS helmet as being a single decal EF M42. Here's to hoping I get it!

The decal looks like a classic EF shield to me. I like the runes and the pearl-white color of the background that are characteristic of EF shields. What do you guys think?

Best regards,
    Mo
    Attached Images Attached Images Need opinions on SS EF decal 

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Need opinions on SS EF decal
    P
    Many

Default Re: Need opinions on SS EF decal

I like the initial look of it Mo, have you had it in hand?

Regards, Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Thanks for the input, Ned. No, I have not had it in hand, although here are some more pictures. I don't know why I didn't just post them earlier.
    Attached Images Attached Images Need opinions on SS EF decal  Need opinions on SS EF decal  Need opinions on SS EF decal 

Pictures aren't the best Mo, but i'm liking it even more! That light coloured liner and ink stamp are the same as I've seen on another SS M42 helmet by this manufacturer. I believe that as these things go, it's quite a rare one.

Regards, Ned.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

?

Looks good from here! Do you mind posting the lot number and liner band date if it's accessible as well if possible?

Thanks again for the input, guys.

I will inquire about the lot number and liner band date right now and give you guys an update as soon as I hear back.

I hope you can aquire it..............!
    Regards,

Steve.

good luck!

The liner looks to be in Extraordinary shape! If it was worn,it doesn't look to have been very much. Even the size stamp is sharp. The decal is a full 95% there too! Looks to me, like you found yourself a Dandy of a SD SS! Good luck! William