Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

A new SS camo arrives. This one is pretty special.

Article about: ET 62 lot nr 3884 M35 DD SS Normandy camo named to SS Uffz. Malke, III Btn, 15 Ko, SS-LAH. This helmet is extensively published and is known among us SS helmet enthusiasts as perhaps the top

?

Default A new SS camo arrives. This one is pretty special.

ET 62 lot nr 3884 M35 DD SS Normandy camo named to SS Uffz. Malke, III Btn, 15 Ko, SS-LAH. This helmet is extensively published and is known among us SS helmet enthusiasts as perhaps the top SS combat helmet there is. Been waiting a long time to get this one in. Thanks a ton to its former owner Ty and to Dave at ww2germanhelmets.com for shipping overnight. Perhaps the single best SS combat helmet on the planet, at least in my opinion.

Note in the closeups the fabric impressions dried into the paint from a probably camo cover, the name in the skirt and a red stamp in the liner, possibly a unit acceptance stamp of some kind. It is nearly worn off. Using Ty's photos, as I am too excited to work right now so I'll take some studio photos of it and beside its single decal twin later tonight. They are correct studies on what real SS Normandy camo's are supposed to look like and would be worthwhile to remember for future study and compare with those that get posted along with the query of reality.

Enjoy my friends!
    Doug

Attachment 516137

Attachment 516142

Attachment 516141

Attachment 516138

Attachment 516139

Attachment 516143

Attachment 516140

Attachment 516144

Attachment 516146

Attachment 516147

Attachment 516145

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement A new SS camo arrives.   This one is pretty special.
    P
    Many

Default Re: A new SS camo arrives. This one is pretty special.

Wow that really is a beauty! Would have to agree that it is the best SS combat helmet on the planet as it would be impossible to beat.

Congratulations on your new pick-up, looking forward to some more photos!

Chris.

Wooow! that's amazing..!!

Magic Doug! Pure sex! drrooollll

Ohhhh Doug (I literally said that out loud, with ensuing strange look from my girlfriend). What the hell can I say really.... I want to rub it on my face. I have never given that accolade to any pot before.

The funny cross hatch marks on the paint near the rim; are they from an SS helmet cover perhaps?

Believe it or not, this one is even better in hand! I had the pleasure of seeing and holding this one about 20 years ago when it was in the possession of Al B. It is a masterpiece. Congrats Doug, Jim G.

Your new collection addition is stunning! Has any research been done as to the fate of the owner? Gems like these seldom are sold and when they are, iI am sure you are the first to know about them. The photos are interesting but it must be stunning in person.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

Jeez its only a helmet guys. [Lol]

?

I had the same reaction as Kradspam ,only my language was somewhat more colourful and the wife thought i'd stabbed myself AGAIN with the kraft knife , this is a fantastic helmet , the subtle hues in the camo are terrific , and rare does'nt really describe it plus named , cant wait for your closeups and lighting techniques , congrats Doug , i suspect you might be keeping this one ???

Back for another look, and I just noticed you had said about the marks in the paint. Oops, I must have skipped your second paragraph after glimpsing the thing itself....

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast