Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here

No decal SS helmets?

Article about: Since helmets manufactured after August 1943 not have factory glued stickers, I wonder if its possible to identify an SS helmet that is made after that date? There's SS helmets without decal

SFC
    ?

Default No decal SS helmets?

Since helmets manufactured after August 1943 not have factory glued stickers, I wonder if its possible to identify an SS helmet that is made after that date?

There's SS helmets without decals for sale, but these are, for example, with the owner's grade and name painted on the inside. Is there a way via the serial number and manufacturer identification on a helmet without decals can be identified as a genuine SS helmet?

Sometimes in this forum you write that "the helmet has the right serial number" to be an SS helmet.So then it should be possible even without the decals to identify an SS helmet?

It would be interesting to know more about this.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement No decal SS helmets?
    P
    Many

?

No unless its personalized there's no way to know. The lot number is not a serial number, it's a number believed to match to a steel plate so as to be able to trace the steel to the steel manufacturer.

It's possible to have multiple service branches in a single lot number of helmets and to have lot number matches of SS or other branches. For example Quist M35 I know of 6 SS helmets in the 1151 lot number but that doesn't mean there aren't any LW or Heer in the same lot number.

?

Default Re: No decal SS helmets?

Kelly Hicks has one on his site. It's pretty neat. I like the sig. Check it out.

Samir

Agreed. I personally would not pay much more for a ND with an Uschar naming in the liner for example. Maybe a few hundred on top.

?

Sigs are not for everyonel. Most collectors look for a decal before they look for a sig. A sig is something extra. For me, it will depend on the sig, rank, and popularity of the soldier. You have some neat stuff out there. If I come across something with a researchable name, and is priced reasonably, u bet I will go for it. For me, there's nothing like a helmet with a face to go with it, decal, or not, but that's just me of course.

Samir

?

Thanks Doug! Glad to see this topic touched on as a couple of years ago I saw a rare double decal SS M40 Quist 64 on the net that had previously featured in Kelly Hicks book I believe. Now I cant for sure remember the lot number on the helmet. Lets say it was 134. At the time I had a no decal Q64 M40 with the lot number 135 and wondered whether mine may have originally been an SS helmet as well. That clears it up! Cheers! Sean.