Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Ok fellas, thoughts on this SS helmet

Article about: Another Leningrad treasure.

Default Ok fellas, thoughts on this SS helmet

Another Leningrad treasure.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Ok fellas, thoughts on this SS helmet   Ok fellas, thoughts on this SS helmet  

Ok fellas, thoughts on this SS helmet   Ok fellas, thoughts on this SS helmet  

Ok fellas, thoughts on this SS helmet   Ok fellas, thoughts on this SS helmet  

Last edited by Karl Langer; 07-17-2018 at 09:51 PM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Ok fellas, thoughts on this SS helmet
    P
    Many

Decal resembles nothing I am familiar with

Really? Explain

There is a large "sub category" on this forum in regards to SS helmets & decals (originals) that are accepted by the collecting community as original & the expected helmet maker such decals are normally seen applied to. Get a chance, take a look. If you come across an example that resembles yours, please post it.

There is also a sub category devoted just to decals...real & repro
    David
    Last edited by real steel; 07-17-2018 at 10:47 PM.

If David has not familiar with the decal, it is not very promising.

Marty
    Fortune favors the brave 644th td

Correction: both helmet decals are authentic. Not the same helmet. Found by the same person.

- - ------- - -

Marty, look at the new pics. It is real.
    Last edited by Karl Langer; 07-18-2018 at 12:15 AM.

Quote by Karl Langer View Post
    Correction: both helmet decals are authentic. Not the same helmet. Found by the same person.

- - ------- - -

Marty, look at the new pics. It is real.
    Oh dear, I feel a little deja vu here and BTW post #3 struck me as just a tad brusque if not actually rude.

David (Real Steel) is likely "the" helmet bloke here and his assessment is one I would always give priority to but I have to say I don't like that first decal either and the other is such a poor picture that, well who knows so if you are not just asking from "zero" and already have an opinion please share it.

However, as they were both found by the same person they must be good right?

Regards

Mark
    Last edited by Watchdog; 07-17-2018 at 10:55 PM. Reason: typo
    "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing he cares more about than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature with no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."

I had the same reaction. David knows his stuff. I am a novice on helmets and the SS decal on the top helmet didn't look right to me. You saying that they are real, because they were both found by the same person - do you know this person? Where were they found? I'm certain that no SS helmets were dug up in the US.

Feelings aren't facts. It was neither rude nor brusque. It was a question. Since you can't read minds don't read into my posts. And you were correct that SS helmet have not been dug up in the U.S. Thank you. Who knew?

Interesting line of questions for a novice. Tell me as a novice why the decal on top did not look right to you?

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast