Become our sponsor and display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

One more battlefield damaged m42 SS helmet from Lett.19.SS.Frw.Div.position

Article about: by cgp1066 Which bullet hole matches with the large exit hole? I don't see one. ye i understand your worrie.I believe it was done by armore penetrating russian A/T 45mm gun or big calliber a

Default Re: One more battlefield damaged m42 SS helmet from Lett.19.SS.Frw.Div.position

Quote by cgp1066 View Post
    Which bullet hole matches with the large exit hole? I don't see one.
    ye i understand your worrie.I believe it was done by armore penetrating russian A/T 45mm gun or big calliber airplain mashine gun.
    I can,t see eny problem with such damage if owner is already killed and helmet is just laying somwhere near in right angle.
    My personal Latvian ss legioner interwievs gives me live info-:Many times these guy,s were very ironic with death and danger during battle and even didn,t wear helmets but left them just be there on trenchside.-When battle starts ...Bullets and projectiles flaying everywhere hiting evrything they can hit-all kind of material they hit is jumping,flaying ower air..falling down newer straigt..waiting to be hit by another bullet or projectile....THATS THE BATTLE MY FRIEND-SO DON,T ASK ME WICH BULLET HOLE MATCHES WITH LARGE EXIT....!Many dead bodies on battlefields also has one small bulet or splitter iside-but that doesn,t makes their death strange or fake if there is no another hole from oposite side!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement
    P
    Many

Default Re: One more battlefield damaged m42 SS helmet from Lett.19.SS.Frw.Div.position

But for sure legioners pick this helmet and brought to bunker-who knows for what reason.They had a lot of time to spend for talking and studying their military equipment and stuff wich been hit by bullets,shrapnels,or completly destroyd.With guarantee i can say this helmet is not from dead body-i newer sell such stuff.
    FOR THE MOMENT THIS SS HELMET IS UNDER RESERVATION FOR ONE OF OUR RESPECTABLE FORUM MEMBER.

If anybody was hardcore enough not to wear a helmet it would have been the SS.

Quote by cgp1066 View Post
    If anybody was hardcore enough not to wear a helmet it would have been the SS.
    Latvians for sure where those boys.Latvian 19 SS Fr.Div. in german army raports is moustly raported foreighn division from all foreighner divisions as bravest.

Helmet is sold to forum meber.Will be happy to roll it in for him.Thankyou all for friendly coments.

Lucky forum member!

Playing plate just reserved for another forum member

?

Ostlandigger please keep advertising and sales commentary to the classified section thank you. This is only a discussion section. Thanks!
    Doug

Quote by DougB View Post
    Ostlandigger please keep advertising and sales commentary to the classified section thank you. This is only a discussion section. Thanks!
    Doug
    Quite correct Doug but he wasn't posting with intention to sell but to show and discuss - and then innundated with enquiries that resulted in sales of both items!!
    Dan

thanks DougB and thanks Danmark-you both are right and corect.
    Sorry to moderators-i wrote down that helmet and later plate are reserved -quite much mails i got in my gmail box asking for those items.But helmet i sold to forum memmber who was very first,i even didn,t care about more profitable offers.As we all are quite sik with such things-we all wish to be first with something,and agree if someone is first we have to accept that he,s first.
    Sorry for this coment.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast