Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Opinions about this SS Q68 M/35

Article about: by DougB There's something funky going on with the runic decal. It's either been touched up or it's an outright fake applied over another removed decal. Party decal has similar issues, touch

Quote by DougB View Post
    There's something funky going on with the runic decal. It's either been touched up or it's an outright fake applied over another removed decal. Party decal has similar issues, touched up - it appears.
    You're right. Zoom in on the areas highlighted on the runic decal alone and it appears to have received the attentions of a black indelible marker or paint pen in several places. Plus the white field looks to have been touched up possibly where indicated?

Thoughts?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Opinions about this SS Q68 M/35  
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Opinions about this SS Q68 M/35
    P
    Many

The crazing on the white field does not look like decal crazing either, much more like paint. The area around your question mark shows that nicely.

Quote by big ned View Post
    You're right. Zoom in on the areas highlighted on the runic decal alone and it appears to have received the attentions of a black indelible marker or paint pen in several places. Plus the white field looks to have been touched up possibly where indicated?

Thoughts?
    Your spot on for me Ned "ol boy!!" I'm with you 100% , pen/paint, whatever it is it is not good! Leon.

?

Quote by DougB View Post
    DD SS M35 are priced high usually. I see Shea just sold one of my old DD for $30,000. It was named, researched, photo of the man, and extensively published. It was not even in top condition, I've better named and researched ones.
    Are you referring to the one with the NS pattern decals? That sh*t sold overnight.

?

Quote by KradSpam View Post
    That's what I mean Doug, 2.5k euro is cheap as chips for such a nice condition shell, even with no leather and the damage. It made me think it's priced cheap for a reason, perhaps regarding the potential decal issues as you say.
    Ok sorry I misunderstood.

- - ------- - -

Quote by SSamir View Post
    Are you referring to the one with the NS pattern decals? That sh*t sold overnight.
    Yes, I know the buyer too. It was a pricey one apparently.

Default Not so nice anymore.....

Thanks for your opinions! Now I believe that this helmet is not so nice anymore.

Once again, if something is too good to be true - its not true.

Holger D

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2