Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Opinions on ET SS helmet

Article about: This is supposed to be an ET40 SS helmet. I guess the runes in the decals looks to be placed right for an ET helmet. The rust holes and scratches in the decal also seem to match pretty good

?

Default Opinions on ET SS helmet

This is supposed to be an ET40 SS helmet. I guess the runes in the decals looks to be placed right for an ET helmet. The rust holes and scratches in the decal also seem to match pretty good the rest of the helmet. Nothing more about the decal I can conclude.

The liner looks to be original but don’t know if it is original to the helmet. Not sure about the chin strap either. What I else have noticed is that the split pin in the front looks a bit more light green than the rest of the helmet. Maybe it is just the light. The pin in the back of the helmet got the same paint as the rest of the helmet.

Let me hear some of you guys opinion about the helmet.

Cheers Alex
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Opinions on ET SS helmet   Opinions on ET SS helmet  

Opinions on ET SS helmet   Opinions on ET SS helmet  

Opinions on ET SS helmet  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Opinions on ET SS helmet
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: Opinions on ET SS helmet

It has a good chance, decals in this condition need a hands on for sure.

?

Okay, this is the first SS helmet I have posted so far that stands a fair chance. So far so good what would you consider being a fair price for a SS helmet in this shape? Any other with opinions please let me know

The seller guarantee that the helmet is original and offer money returns if I shouldn’t be satisfied with it. Now I just need to find someone from Denmark with good experience in SS decals that can verify the originality of it.

Could this example be one where you will never know for sure or should an experienced collector be able to conclude if it is the real deal if he get a look at it in person?

?

Doug, I agree. A hands on inspection is a must with this one. At first glance It doesn't appear original, but when I looked closely it does appear or stands a good chance to be a good ET pattern that has taken abuse, but again, I agree a hands on inspection is a must for confirmation.

Regards
    Samir

?

Okay, another maybe :- ) And how much would you pay up for a helmet in this condition? If we say it is an original piece.

?

Quote by ackb View Post
    Okay, another maybe :- ) And how much would you pay up for a helmet in this condition? If we say it is an original piece.
    I really dont like to discuss prices especially on SS militaria. The last time I gave an opinion on price I almost had my a$$ chewed out (i'm sure Doug you remember that incident in another forum). Sorry.

Samir

?

I forgot to mention, its best to find out the decal's genuinity first before asking what its worth, goodluck.

Samir

?

Okay, no problem, won't risk that happening again

Cheers Alex

?

Quote by SSamir View Post
    I forgot to mention, its best to find out the decal's genuinity first before asking what its worth, goodluck.

Samir

Yeah of cause, that is why I wrote "And how much would you pay up for a helmet in this condition? If we say it is an original piece."

?

Quote by ackb View Post
    Yeah of cause, that is why I wrote "And how much would you pay up for a helmet in this condition? If we say it is an original piece."
    I over looked that part, sorry.

Samir

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast