Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Opinions on highly Questionable m35 double decal

Article about: Hi I just want some opinions on this m35. ET66 serial 4839. Obviously alarm bells are ringing, I just want to know to what extent. The vents are pretty badly sanded so I pretty much know wha

?

Default Opinions on highly Questionable m35 double decal

Hi

I just want some opinions on this m35. ET66 serial 4839. Obviously alarm bells are ringing, I just want to know to what extent.

The vents are pretty badly sanded so I pretty much know what I have here. I knew what I was getting into buying it, but I'm very seriously considering sending it back. I guess this is one of those mistakes you only make once

Any nit picking is appreciated as ammo against the seller. It also goes without saying I should be ridiculed, mocked, tared and feathered for my poor decisions. This was my first non-relic helmet buy.

regards,
    Josh.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Opinions on highly Questionable m35 double decal   Opinions on highly Questionable m35 double decal  

Opinions on highly Questionable m35 double decal   Opinions on highly Questionable m35 double decal  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Opinions on highly Questionable m35 double decal
    P
    Many

From one Josh to another,

Paint is bad, as are both decals. Take not of the repeated tool marks that the faker has used in order to weather the helmet.

Hopefully you can get your funds back, good luck!

Best wishes,
    Josh

The weathering wear and ageing is garbage, sorry man!....

?

Exactly what I figured. the texture of the dark paint underneath the white had me fooled for geniune Aluminium Oxide, but the rest I figured were repro and decals. Disappointing, but I have no one but myself to blame.

Hi Josh and welcome to the forum, as the others have said , this is an M35 that has fake decals(trying to be pochers) and a fake winter whitewash. The tool marks are heavily contrived as is the "sandpaper" marks, completely un-natural wear. I have "snipped" a few images for you. sorry, Leon
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Opinions on highly Questionable m35 double decal   Opinions on highly Questionable m35 double decal  

Opinions on highly Questionable m35 double decal  

?

Thanks for cropping my images. I will now defiantly be sending an email to the seller asking for a refund, and using that money to save for a better researched helmet. Thank the maker hes got 7 days return policy, I hope he's at least honest about that.

That has got to be the most contrived attempt at ageing I have yet seen! The criss-cross and zig-zag scratches?? (not to mention the obvious sanding) Gimme a break! Get your money back and boot the seller squarely in the fork! And while you're at it, give yourself an uppercut.

?

Dont worry, I've been immolating myself since I won it, I know how stupid this is and I wont be doing that again.

You 'won it'? This wasn't off fleabay was it? Can I ask how much you paid for it? Reason being that a genuine SS M35 DD snow camo would likely run into 20K or so (does one even exist anywhere in the world?)

P.S. don't beat yourself up too bad, consider it a valuable learning experience both for yourself and others who may read this thread.

Who is the Australian dealer, name mate.?
    Morris

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast