Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

opinions on an m42 ckl SS Camo please FANTASY??

Article about: hi, im new to the forum but not new to the collecting fields of ss,i have been collecting ss buckles blades and helmets for over 5 years now but have been collecting ww2 for over 20 years..i

Default opinions on an m42 ckl SS Camo please FANTASY??

hi, im new to the forum but not new to the collecting fields of ss,i have been collecting ss buckles blades and helmets for over 5 years now but have been collecting ww2 for over 20 years..i have this ckl m42 with atleast 2 decals 2nd pattern directkly ontop of eachother but they are slightly different color..i found it at a berlin fleamarket(ca. 6 years ago)when i was living there,personally i believe may be a post war paint job with the old euro fakes decals,i took the skull off when i bought it and its nickel plated pressed tin? but with no markings which makes me vary wary(brass springs) but it may be og in my opinion as it looks very good i let you post you opinions,even if it turns out to be a repro it still looks really cool though and i did pay very little money for it which makes me think who would go to all that trouble for 45 euros??..enjoy ...And i love the website!!!!Andreas

as you can see the left side of the black border and the 2 lower border curves were "painted over" but whoever did it sadley tried to "scratch off?the overlapping paint..in my opinion it would have looked better if it was left covered but if it was done pre war then i guess its ok.cheers

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement opinions on an m42 ckl SS Camo please FANTASY??
    P
    Many

Default Re: opinions on an m42 ckl SS Camo please FANTASY??

picsopinions on an m42 ckl SS Camo please FANTASY??opinions on an m42 ckl SS Camo please FANTASY??opinions on an m42 ckl SS Camo please FANTASY??opinions on an m42 ckl SS Camo please FANTASY??opinions on an m42 ckl SS Camo please FANTASY??opinions on an m42 ckl SS Camo please FANTASY??

I would have to agree with you, post war repaint and repro decal. Welcome to the forum.

thanx!!im sure its a fantasy as the ss would never have been allowed to add a skull on the front.and thats the opinion ive had so far.....would there be a chance that the skull badge is og???if so i may part it.thanx for you opinions and time and what would the skull be worth $$$ alone??cheers

SS skulls are way out of my league. I'll defer to others here with more experience on those.

?

Not for me.

?

Hi Andrea,

I'm not saying the decal is 100% fake, just saying I wouldn't want this one in my collection as it has been "molested" in and out. The shell and liner have been treated, decal has been touched up, probably cleaned, etc.

The decal might be real and it might be a reproduction, not 100% sure, but I did notice the runes on this one are a little far apart than other ET pattern's I have seen.

Best to wait and see what Doug thinks of this one.

Regards
    Samir

hi Samir!thanks for your comment,when i bought it in berlin almost 10 peole that handeled it before i got home all said that it was a post war paint with an early ss decal(which im now assumming is the euro fake as the bottom of this decal should be "pointy" in the middle).i think it looks great (in my collection) and for 45E i can always strip it down if i ever get sick of it..i should have known that almost all ss camos are fakes as they fetch a higher pricebut i was just starting to learn when i bought it..(probably over 99% in the world are repros)have you seen my rzm helmet with ca.350 " RZM"stamps in the helmet section??now thats a rare one of a kind helmet that should never have been issued/let out of the factory(also from berlin)!!war relics and WAF are the best!!!cheers Andreas

?

Post war repaint on a semi relic lid with fake decals, look at the pitting in the helmet, as for your m18 enough said about that one as the threads closed for obvious reasons

Quote by andreasSS View Post
    picsopinions on an m42 ckl SS Camo please FANTASY??opinions on an m42 ckl SS Camo please FANTASY??opinions on an m42 ckl SS Camo please FANTASY??opinions on an m42 ckl SS Camo please FANTASY??opinions on an m42 ckl SS Camo please FANTASY??opinions on an m42 ckl SS Camo please FANTASY??
    I concur with all that the other posters have said but wish to ask three things -
    1) what does the sticker say on the inside rim? ( Photo #4 )
    2) as you said you have now taken the skull off can you photograph the reverse side to allow an opinion to be made?
    3) A closer photo of the chinstrap would be nice - it stands a chance.

Thanks, Dan
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast