Become our sponsor and display your banner here
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Opinions on this SS helmet

Article about: From my perspective, the paint, decals, and liner are bad. If it were me I would try for a refund. Jim G.

Default Re: Opinions on this SS helmet

From my perspective, the paint, decals, and liner are bad. If it were me I would try for a refund. Jim G.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement
    P
    Many

To me the ss decal looks to be a round bottem fake and the party sheld is of center the liner has small holes not larger ones that you would find in a ww2 lid and the paint job on the helmet looks to be post war but its hard to tell what shade it is as both images show two different shades

?

Here's a pic of the chinstrap and the # 57 stamp on the liner. I'm thinking about a refund. Just want to make sure it is crap and why it is crap before I make a refund request.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Click image for larger version. 

Name:	chinstrap (2).jpg 
Views:	28 
Size:	125.5 KB 
ID:	440477   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	57.jpg 
Views:	33 
Size:	52.9 KB 
ID:	440476  

Repainted and used in some postwar role for me. That's a really awful liner.

Chinstrap is bad as well.

?

Reeefund! Postwar liner, strap, paint. Someone mucked with it and you can see the buffing around the decals and then popped bad SS and party decals on it and went oops, then scrubbed the day lights out of them to make an attempt at an DD SS but not identifiable as a fake.

Problem is this is an M42 DD SS NS. First - M42 DD SS are pretty much not rare but non existant in the standard configuration and second, it's an NS M42 SS - gong....voted off the island, and your OUT!

Thanks for the confidence in me gents but the go with your gut.

BTW I was seeing the Hobbit with my daughter in Real 3D- AWESOME!!

Several of us went with our gut instinct, but someone got their panties in a bunch when I mentioned getting your thoughts on your experience with DD M42 SS helmets and if you had ever even seen one. Hence the psycho chihuahua pic.

Get a refund!

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

the liner looks czech to me

Quote by Totenhead View Post
    Funny thing is, the more i look at that rune decal, i see black paint underneath..........................., the remnants of the decal, hmmm, Doug where are ya !! lol ...
    This comment was a wind up by the way to our other member

Sorry guys, somebody spiked my orange juice last night while I was out, sorry if I gave the wrong impression, I was not having a go at anybody ! The point I was making is that the helmet was so obviously bad that we can just state our opinions without fear of being wrong, we dont need to wait for Doug to say its bad. I hope you know what I mean

Merry Christmas, its nearly upon us !!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast