Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Opinions on this SS helmet

Article about: From my perspective, the paint, decals, and liner are bad. If it were me I would try for a refund. Jim G.

?

Default Re: Opinions on this SS helmet

Alls well gents, I understand where everyone was coming from and believe everyone had the best of intentions.

Yes gentlemen feel free to state opinions and why! Don't wait for anyone! It's a gentleman's forum and even my input is simply an opinion. I am not too big a man to admit when I am wrong and we never stop learning.

Stating opinions with reasons (ie qualified opinions) is how we learn as well, and it's ok to be wrong or have a contrary opinion here. Nobody will chastise you or make you feel bad. You may get challenged but again that's part of backing up an opinion, just be prepared to state why and see other points of view.

I claim no end authority on the subject matter and can only state what experience has thought me and what memory recalls. I hope I never stop learning anew as well.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Opinions on this SS helmet
    P
    Many

?

Thanks for all the comments. Looks like impetuous Pablo gets screwed again. Besides scrap metal, so is there any redeeming value for this helmet so I can cut my losses. Maybe take the postwar paint off and see if I can bring out the original? Use it as a shovel? Use it as a spittoon or chamber pot? Donate it to Good Will? Use it to change oil in my car? Any other ideas?

?

Are you unable to get a refund Pablo?
    That s**ks!

Brad.

?

I agree with Jim. Sometimes when big money is involved its best to wait for a highly experienced collector who has handled and researched these types of lids to chime in.

Yes Hobit in 3d 48fps was good

?

Quote by Pablo View Post
    Thanks for all the comments. Looks like impetuous Pablo gets screwed again. Besides scrap metal, so is there any redeeming value for this helmet so I can cut my losses. Maybe take the postwar paint off and see if I can bring out the original? Use it as a shovel? Use it as a spittoon or chamber pot? Donate it to Good Will? Use it to change oil in my car? Any other ideas?
    If you cannot get a refund then put it on a shelf to remind you not to be hasty! We all need those reminders!

?

At my age, I should know better, but could not resist the gamble. Now working on a refund.

?

Quote by Pablo View Post
    At my age, I should know better, but could not resist the gamble. Now working on a refund.
    Not your age at all, it happens to everybody, even experienced collectors can make mistakes, you just learn from your errors and move on to the next lid. =)

Regards
    Samir

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4