Become our sponsor and display your banner here
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Oppinion on this mint SS decal Please

Article about: i need your Oppinion on this mint SS decal Please, pictures are taken whit flashlight. by the way looks good to me

?

Default Re: Oppinion on this mint SS decal Please

IOW i hope you remember this post next time you buy a fake!!.i did not appreciate the get off your arse bit!!, the original guy who posted is non the wiser!! he hopefully will learn, but it might cost him a fortune,hope not.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement
    P
    Many

?

I do not think Jim (IOW) was referring to you directly. He was speaking in general terms of getting off ones arse and finding out a base of knowledge from which with to start thats all. No need to take offense.

But let me ask you this TUFC. The original guy is none the wiser and might out a fortune. But nobody forced him to buy the helmet.

When you buy a used car that turns out to be a piece of junk who is to blame for not teaching you to be a mechanic??? No, you get the car inspected before you buy it.
    It is the same way with a helmet that is worth the price of a used car.

But collectors turn their brains off searching for that elusive "steal of a deal" and wind up buying junk on a whim and a prayer.

Its pretty simple, study, source and network. Knowledge is power. It isnt given away either.

As for fakes, look at print, shape, design, aging, ink, and pulver just to start. Compare with known good examples. Thats all that can be really said out in a public forum.

Then look at price, the helmet, the liner, decal to shell charachteristics, lot numbers, overall condition like you would with any helmet.

?

thanks doug, thats a better reply thank you, i perhaps should have not posted about this, but i thought he was in need of help and is way out of pocket, but i will end this now ! no more fighting his corner LOL,i do need an ss (ORIGINAL) !! to complete my collection, might need your help in the future doug.

Quote by TUFC View Post
    IOW i hope you remember this post next time you buy a fake!!.i did not appreciate the get off your arse bit!!, the original guy who posted is non the wiser!! he hopefully will learn, but it might cost him a fortune,hope not.
    As Doug has said. I am not in the business of directing comments at anyone particular person here. I am just preaching what I practice. I have 2, soon to be 3 German helmets, none of which are fake. These original helmets belong to me because I have worked my backside off researching them and got to know several very honest, friendly and helpful people on a couple of forums. If you take collecting seriously, and by you I don't mean anyone in particular, you want to research and learn and make good friends with the same interest as you. It took me a hell of a lot of time to gain the small amount of knowledge I do have and I'm not about to go giving it away to anyone. I sold the guy who started this thread a semi relic lid with a nice decal at a loss so Iv'e done my bit for Klinger thanks.

?

YOU keep saying YOU, i have 30 originals and many contacts, but no ss lids too much of a minefield, i know my stuff!!! for your info it was klinger that asked for help, THANKS

Quote by Isle of Wighter View Post
    and by you I don't mean anyone in particular
    tufc, please read the above its most easyest for jim rather than write 'every collector' each time please show us some of your 30 lids please

?

Quote by TUFC View Post
    thanks doug, thats a better reply thank you, i perhaps should have not posted about this, but i thought he was in need of help and is way out of pocket, but i will end this now ! no more fighting his corner LOL,i do need an ss (ORIGINAL) !! to complete my collection, might need your help in the future doug.
    No worries, I would be more than happy to help anytime.

?

yes mate will get some up,there will be loads of raf and luftwaffe visors and caps aswell , i mostly collect raf gear,irvins, station clocks, sector clock, bells, blah blah! 40 yrs of collecting and now skint!!

?

thanks doug, jim i am sorry dont want to fall out with any body,just love an arguement !!!
    andy

Quote by TUFC View Post
    YOU keep saying YOU, i have 30 originals and many contacts, but no ss lids too much of a minefield, i know my stuff!!! for your info it was klinger that asked for help, THANKS
    Andy. I am pleased you have 30 original helmets. If YOU had read my post properly YOU would have seen that I was referring to no one in particular as Ewan pointed out. Are you sure your helmets are original? Only you have posted a few obvious fakes here asking for opinions on them. If you had 30 original lids I'm pretty sure you would have known that the SS lid and the camo lid you posted were fakes. Do please upload some photo's of your treasured collection for us to enjoy.
    Last edited by Isle of Wighter; 09-06-2010 at 01:28 PM.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast