Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Oppinion on this mint SS decal Please

Article about: i need your Oppinion on this mint SS decal Please, pictures are taken whit flashlight. by the way looks good to me

Default Re: Oppinion on this mint SS decal Please

Quote by Walkwolf View Post
    This is a scary one, Doug. It probably would have had me fooled !

Tufc, I don't think Klinger owns the lid, but was simply looking for opinions.
    Hopefully this is true and he didn't get suckered.............
    yes i dont have the lid but wanted some oppinions then before i buy an ss one i ask here in the forum for help, but by the way this is the first thread who tells what to look exact for to find out if real or fake and hope in future will help the other peopel here as well, moste of the post in other threads are just this is out of shape or this is bad but dont tell you exact what to look for, thanks for all your help and sorry dougb for the picture thing (by the way i have a brain and know how to handel it, but ok so please dont be angry whit me it was a mistake and im sorry). so hope this thread will help others as well

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Oppinion on this mint SS decal Please
    P
    Many

?

Klinger, no worries, but you have to understand photoshopping a fake decal overtop someones real helmet/decal with their name on the bottom on a public forum can be very damaging, most people dont read the text they just look at pictures. I do not have a single fake in my entire collection and do not want any hint of one if you know what I mean.
    Cheers, water under the bridge now and glad you are not out any money.

Quote by DougB View Post
    Klinger, no worries, but you have to understand photoshopping a fake decal overtop someones real helmet/decal with their name on the bottom on a public forum can be very damaging, most people dont read the text they just look at pictures. I do not have a single fake in my entire collection and do not want any hint of one if you know what I mean.
    Cheers, water under the bridge now and glad you are not out any money.
    shure i understand, thanks
    one thing i will never understand there are so man fakers around but no one of them ar abel to make a good decal, was it so hard in the old days to make then or is it a lost in time thing how to make them, a bit strange, good for us but anyway

?

2010 is not 1945, things change. Printing presses, inks, pulver composition. And it is very hard to make a decal that is 7 weeks old look like it is a convincing 70 years old so fakers rely on smoke and mirrors. Fancy vet bringback stories, poor photographs, and most of all collector ignorance as to what is real and what is not real. Put a bunch of smart well intentioned well educated collectors in a room willing to share knowledge and combine that with new collectors willing to learn and a healthy dose of common sense and dialogue and the hobby is in good shape.

Posting blurry photos combined with grandpa's vet bring back story and asking "is it real" is not learning anything, so guys that do know just give yes and no answers if they answer at all.

In the end fakes are prevalent because we allow them to be but there is no perfect fake.

Here we go chaps. This is my take on it.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Oppinion on this mint SS decal Please  

i like it jim!

Quote by Isle of Wighter View Post
    Here we go chaps. This is my take on it.
    good one

Cheers guys. Not too serious, I just thought it was a good laugh and a good way of explaining.

Quote by klinger View Post
    shure i understand, thanks
    one thing i will never understand there are so man fakers around but no one of them ar abel to make a good decal, was it so hard in the old days to make then or is it a lost in time thing how to make them, a bit strange, good for us but anyway
    You would be surprised how many of those helmets with fake SS decals are sold to unsuspecting collectors , consider yourself lucky to have asked the question before you bought it.
    Only recently a GHW forum member was able to get a refund for 7000 euros from a dealer from which he bought a fake SS helmet.

Quote by Schwerpunkt View Post
    You would be surprised how many of those helmets with fake SS decals are sold to unsuspecting collectors , consider yourself lucky to have asked the question before you bought it.
    Only recently a GHW forum member was able to get a refund for 7000 euros from a dealer from which he bought a fake SS helmet.
    good that he got the money back

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast