Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Original condition SS helmet on e-bay

Article about: Have a look at this little gem on e-bay before someone snaps it up. The item number is... 280517500793. This really is taking the p**s. It gives us 'restorer's' a bad name!

Default Original condition SS helmet on e-bay

Have a look at this little gem on e-bay before someone snaps it up. The item number is... 280517500793. This really is taking the p**s. It gives us 'restorer's' a bad name!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Original condition SS helmet on e-bay
    P
    Many

Default Re: Original condition SS helmet on e-bay

Nothing to wurry about , I would say ! That is so badly done one couldn't even speak of a attempt to restore it....
    Always looking for Belgian Congo stuff!
    http://out-of-congo.eklablog.com/

cheers
    |<ris

The best decals I've ever seen, oops, I mean't worst
    Liners good as well.

Jerry

Wow, thanks guys i was about to bid on this, you mean this is not real, its a fake, i was about to bid 2500.00 on it.

LOLOLOL

I mean come on, look at it, any moron could tell that its a pile of crap fake.

Brian

Quote by vonbond View Post
    The best decals I've ever seen, oops, I mean't worst
    Liners good as well.

Jerry
    Perhaps they are a rare maker. I have e-mailed the seller to ask him if he is selling the helmet as having original paintwork. There is another helmet (restored) which has been put up with a 'buy it now' price of £238.74. The seller makes it very clear that it has been re-furbished, but I don't really think you would need telling. I can't quite make out what the last two pictures are meant to show. The helmet is an M42 with a pure brilliant white finish. item number is... 350362884532. Make sure you wear sunglasses when viewing. I'm not for one minute questioning the sellers honesty, just the skills employed on the helmet.

Quote by HARRY THE MOLE View Post
    Perhaps they are a rare maker. I have e-mailed the seller to ask him if he is selling the helmet as having original paintwork. There is another helmet (restored) which has been put up with a 'buy it now' price of £238.74. The seller makes it very clear that it has been re-furbished, but I don't really think you would need telling. I can't quite make out what the last two pictures are meant to show. The helmet is an M42 with a pure brilliant white finish. item number is... 350362884532. Make sure you wear sunglasses when viewing. I'm not for one minute questioning the sellers honesty, just the skills employed on the helmet.
    This helmet has been refurbished. The M42 Shell is an original World War II German Combat Helmet. The three rivets and I believe the aluminum or metal liner band is original, also. The 9 Tongue leather liner appears period and has age. I do not know if it was original to the helmet, or if it was added to the helmet. The brown leather chinstrap looks correct; however, I am not certain it is original to the helmet. The white paint job is definitely post war. The helmet looks sharp and would be great for display, re-enactments, and for theatrical or movie productions.

Hi Harry, I just copied this from his description, says it was painted post war, no shit sherlock

Jerry

PS I did'nt know the germans had a m/cycle display team, I've seen the white helmets!

Hi Jerry,
    Thats pure nasty - but true! I have had a reply from the seller of the 'original' german helmet. He thinks the paintwork is original, but the badges might be hand-painted. He got it from an auction house about 15 years ago.

Quote by HARRY THE MOLE View Post
    the badges might be hand-painted.
    Really, might be hand painted what planet is he on?

Jerry