Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Original or fake SS helmet?

Article about: Hi I was browsing through a website and I found this for 285 USD & 250-60 pounds I might get it because it apperantly is original the seller states : M42 SD Waffen SS EF64 An original M4

Talking Original or fake SS helmet?

Hi I was browsing through a website and I found this for 285 USD & 250-60 pounds I might get it because it apperantly is original the seller states :

M42 SD Waffen SS EF64

An original M42 shell that is size/maker stamped EF64 and with the batch number 179. The helmet has been recently repainted in a tan and green blotch camo pattern. Tne liner, SS runes and chin strap are all reproductions. A very nice recreation for display or reenacting.

Here are the pics:

Original or fake SS helmet?Original or fake SS helmet?Original or fake SS helmet?Original or fake SS helmet?Original or fake SS helmet?Original or fake SS helmet?Original or fake SS helmet?Original or fake SS helmet?Original or fake SS helmet?

My question is do you think it is original and worth the money?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Original or fake SS helmet?
    P
    Many

Come on. Serious? Just look at it!

Not wohrt the money !

The shell could very well be original, as in not made in China, but when seller states REPRODUCTION all over, it seems quite obvious that this is not an original SS helmet. And for that price you won´t even come close to looking at an original SS helmet.

Best regards, Chrissy
    Last edited by Little Mermaid; 08-14-2013 at 12:04 PM.
    [COLOR="#EE82EE"]I'm selfish, impatient, and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I'm out of control, and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best.
    Marilyn Monroe[/COLOR]

Mate, it looks like it's a cartoon helmet!

Buying this helmet just for the shell is pointless when someone has destroyed it with poor paint and crap decals.
    Morris

I mean it is better than a fake. I can tell that the shell is original or a very good repro and thats all :P

Peace!

Quote by TheKrustyKiller View Post
    I mean it is better than a fake. I can tell that the shell is original or a very good repro and thats all :P

Peace!
    If you can tell that this is original or a very good repro - why did you ask: "Original or fake SS helmet?"?

If you want an original SS lid, there is plenty of info around here to learn from - and quite a few people to talk to and learn from. But if you want a repro lid to play with in reenacting, you should be able to get a decent lid for less money than what this costs. You can even paint it yourself, plenty of info online for that as well.
    [COLOR="#EE82EE"]I'm selfish, impatient, and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I'm out of control, and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best.
    Marilyn Monroe[/COLOR]

Any of you know where I can get cheap originals? I mainly want one for my helmet collection and display.

Peace!

Google can help you on the way, same can the sponsors and dealers on this site.
    Marilyn Monroe[/COLOR]

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast